• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Sorry if this is a duplicate.

We're running out of time gentlemen. Here's a tool to generate a public comment for the pistol brace ban, it takes just a minute to fill out:

http://gunowners.org/SavePistolBraces

If you want to type up your own comment, here's a direct link instead:

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...with-attached-stabilizing-braces#open-comment

To summarize, this Biden executive action/ATF rule change will ban commonly owned braced pistols (or pistols with features such as a scope, being too heavy, being too short, being too long), without grandfathering, such that myself and others will have to destroy, reconfigure, or go through the lengthy (probably > 1 year) expensive NFA registration process, or otherwise be felonized for ten years + 250k fine per banned firearm.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Significantly less comments on this (180,173) than the frame or receiver definition rule (291,249). Get your comment in, with GOA’s tool it only takes 2 minutes and is extremely easy!

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I commented, but I will say this:. I have zero faith in this system, this bureaucracy. Even if every one if the estimated 100,000,000 gun owners in America commented against this, I don't think it will make a difference.

The noose is tightening for freedom in this country, and not just 2A freedom. Freedom is scary. Freedom is unpredictable. Freedom requires grace and responsibility. The "leaders" of this country don't want us to have freedom, and worse yet, neither do the citizens.

We want safety, or the illusion thereof. We want money, and the promise for more with as little investment as possible. We want longevity, and expect it to be delivered in pill form. It is human nature to want vast returns on little effort and less risk, but unfortunately it is that nature that is contrary to freedom.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    Significantly less comments on this (180,173) than the frame or receiver definition rule (291,249). Get your comment in, with GOA’s tool it only takes 2 minutes and is extremely easy!
    My *hope* is that means the angry mommies put significantly less of their copy paste garbage on this one. They claimed to put 100k on the last one.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    > arms the Taliban with SBRs, suppressors, and NVGs who use them lock up Afghan women
    > disarms American women

imma re-registering my guns to my dogs, so at least my dogs can shoot back when the ATF comes.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I commented, but I will say this:. I have zero faith in this system, this bureaucracy.
    Since we're still working the "soap box," submitting the comments is essential. The AFT has a legal obligation to address the comments. If they don't that opens up the "jury box" avenue. (A Judge will likely boot a case where the plaintiff hadn't exercised the public comment opportunity provided by the Bureau.) Any implementation delays we can impose make the "ballot box" more viable.

So work the system while parts of the system are still working.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Done, but it's a political issue, and it will be treated as such.

"Fairness" and "honesty" need not apply; the position will be filled by whoever holds the power to force the issue.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't even have or want a brace...but I commented against the change ;)

:smugly-patting-self-on-back-emoji:

(:secret:and now I think I do kinda want one)

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    Here's my letter, 978 words, 2 pages, single spaced. I tried to hit every angle I could think of in the time I had. I tried to make my submission unique as possible, with points other gunowners probably haven't thought of.

Attachments

• R-08_1_obfuscated.png
      R-08_1_obfuscated.png
      31.2 KB · Views: 102
    • R-08_2_obfuscated.png
      R-08_2_obfuscated.png
      33.6 KB · Views: 104

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread as the closest I could find on the subject. Looks like we're getting screwed over again.

ATF pistol brace final rule possibly uncovered via budget document
    The ATF, along with their cousins, the multitude of other three letter agencies, have not been making friends lately. Under the Biden-Harris regime, the ATF has embraced the rogue moniker they’ve received, and are a stunning example of the complete breakdown of our checks and balances. The ATF fancies themselves lawmakers in addition to being stormtroopers. Our friends over at AmmoLand News uncovered some interesting stuff last week. My colleague John Crump reported on what the ATF might be planning based on the verbiage in a budget justification.

AmmoLand News has uncovered information showing that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is planning to force gun owners to register firearms with pistol braces as a National Firearms Act (NFA) ATF Form 1 item.
    The document (embedded below) was uncovered in a budget justification from the ATF to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). This form confirms the leaked information AmmoLand News has heard for months from our inside sources at the ATF...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom