• 20210914_171125.jpg
      20210914_171125.jpg
      183.3 KB · Views: 365

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Stop coming back to the high ready after 90% of your shots.
    Stop immediately going to holster after shots. Stayed aimed in, assess, scan.
    Don't shake your head when you miss.
    Get off the X after the shot, because when you miss, you are in a force on force situation and have to play gunfight now.
    Don't practice shooting that center dot when you are practicing the head shot. Rotating those shots could prove to be detrimental to the hostage. Because you are taking a center mass shot and a head shot. Do 1 or the other.
    Hostage shots are a standoff. You don't have to rush them. If they were going to kill the hostage, they would have done it and they are already drawn, and you aren't.
    If you want to shoot them that fast, practice walking(like you're going into a room), saw it and then shoot. You'd already be at the high ready. Very rarely, if at all you would have to draw on a hostage shot.
    Me? I would practice slowly walking to close the gap to assure you make a better shot.

You can't "draw on the drop". All they have to do is pull the trigger. You have to draw, aim, and pull the trigger. Ideally you would have closed the distant and have already been drawn, aimed in, then taking a shot. When they aren't expecting it.

What's with the helmet and gloves? Is this your "kit" for work and how you would normally be dressed carrying? Otherwise, I'd dress normal.

All that being said, decent hurried shooting. But please don't take the shot if I happen to be a hostage :D

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. This training session was just a spur of the moment thing since I had not shot that pistol in a long time. I also wanted to see how quick I could be from the holster to hitting a target. Lately I been wearing my helmets when shooting firearms because I want to get comfortable shooting with it and I Always shoot with gloves(except when I shoot airguns). My thought is that if I can shoot decent with them then I can shoot the same without them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom