• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Any one ever use David Stancil of Badgersmith Gunworks for gunsmithing?

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    He cut and threaded an AR barrel for me a few years back. He did an excellent job but was a little slow. I would use him again.

verizonguy

Sep 30, 2010
    Bel Air, MD
    He did a trigger job on my S&W Sigma 9mm. Anyone that has shot one before will hopefully agree with me in that it is one of the worst triggers they have probably ever pulled.

He also did some work on my Remington 700.

He is good.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    Dave at Badgersmith Gunworks has been a friend of mine for over 15yrs. He is an accomplished gunsmith with a great work ethic. Please keep in mind that he only takes work by appointment only, no walk ins.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Dave did a complete action job on my Rossi 92 and the rifle is incredibly smooth now. People who've tried it are very impressed. He also opened up the rear semi-buckhorn sight and replaced the front sight. A couple of months ago he put an adjustable sight on my Beretta 92. He'll soon be checking out my 1911 for the blow back problem I've been having.

Excellent work, lots of integrity and a very nice guy. I also consider him a friend now. Don't look for him to be online though. He's not big on computers or email. :)

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Badgersmith Gun Works Inc

Sgt Preston here...

David Stancill is a very accomplished Gunsmith...

He has done repairs & trigger job etc for me...

His work & work ethic are 100% "Old School"...

He works out of his home in Bel Air...

He works by appointment ONLY...No walk ins...

Dave's e mail address is supervel@verizon.net...

His phone number is 410-937-0442...

Hope this is helpful..!

Semper Fi...

Sgt Preston USMC LLA...

reliablerocks

Jul 30, 2011
    Excellent. Before I moved out west he worked on several of my father's old & modern guns. Also went to gunsmithing schools in Trinidad Colorado. He is an old fashioned guy with no storefront or webpage, not into computers. Preferring phone contact. His phone number is 410-937-0442 supervel@verizon.net. He does take a little extra time owing to the fact he is fighting rheumatoid arthritis flare ups in his hands. Married, in his early fifties, lived in Harford County his whole life. That's what I can tell you.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Dave does all the work on my guns!! he is 100% the best smith I have ever used!
    I understand that the great work he does takes time and he is a one man so so I understand ahead of time that he is not fast in his turn around but I am 100% ok with it because of the great quality work he does!!

Dave has done trigger work, action jobs,machining and all sorts of other work for me and several friends. I trust this manwith everything I take him and have never been let down.
    and he is a big .260 fan how can you go wrong!!!

Shootist

Well ain't that dandy.
    May 7, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    Dave is a great guy. He is my uncles wife's sisters husband; if that makes any sense.

Your uncle's wife would be your aunt and her sister would also be your aunt. Her husband would then be an uncle.

So Dave's your uncle, once or twice removed.

Am I right? Did I win??

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    You win!

edited to add:
    To complicate it even more (or possibly simplify it?) my uncle (blood uncle, my mothers brother) is also named Dave.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Dave is a great guy. He is my uncles wife's sisters husband; if that makes any sense.

The correct answer to this riddle is completely different if you are in West Virginia, in which case it would be Uncle Dad.

Sep 16, 2009
    Dave has a table at the Bel Air Armory gun show every year in February. That is where I met him. He is a great guy.

Mar 11, 2013
    David had two saigas for almost two years. He suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis that hinders his ability to work and uses that as a constant excuse for his delay in getting work done. I am sympathetic to his disease but a year and a half is out of control. My firearms have languished. He then wants to charge a storage charge since the firearms are left over 30 days? What nonsense. Then, out of the blue, he want full payment even though he is only finished half of the work and insists that I take my shotguns back. He speak of honor and duty but has exhibited none of those qualities. I should mention that hundreds of dollars for a safety check on a $400 shotgun is also over the top.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    David had two saigas for almost two years. He suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis that hinders his ability to work and uses that as a constant excuse for his delay in getting work done. I am sympathetic to his disease but a year and a half is out of control. My firearms have languished. He then wants to charge a storage charge since the firearms are left over 30 days? What nonsense. Then, out of the blue, he want full payment even though he is only finished half of the work and insists that I take my shotguns back. He speak of honor and duty but has exhibited none of those qualities. I should mention that hundreds of dollars for a safety check on a $400 shotgun is also over the top.

Wow! Yeah, I had passed on him when I heard how slow he was, but this is beyond being sympathetic. He doesn't do the work and wants to charge a storage fee. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom