• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Was thinking of getting an NFA tax stamp later making this issue a non-issue for me personally, but this pistol brace debacle is ridiculous, as well as the whole SBR thing. I'm relatively new to gun ownership and it's been a wild ride reading all about gun laws/gun trusts just because I was thinking of putting a vertical fore-grip on a pistol. The justification for the law was just that so many criminals were using these types of guns so they should be more regulated :sad20:

This is quite an annoyance. I've also heard different things about gun trusts. Someone told me anyone who is a trustee must also pay a $200 tax, while I've also heard that only the settlor has to pay the $200 to transfer it to the gun trust, and then other trustees must still give fingerprint/documents in. Anyway I'm holding off on all that for now. What are our chances of ever overturning the National Firearms Act :lol2:?

Overturning the NFA? Slim to none in my lifetime and I am barely middle aged.

As for your last. The trust pays the tax stamp (you if you are the trust creator). None of the members of the trust do. If people other than the trust creator/controller is on the trust when submitted to the ATF, then yes their finger prints and pictures are included with the form paperwork for building or transferring the NFA item.

You may add people to the trust after the tax stamp is approved without doing that. However if you add items to the trust later, those people on the trust will need fingerprints and photos submitted. Or they need to be removed (revoked) from the trust and cannot legally access the NFA firearm(s). Then once the next item is approved for the trust, you add them back in.

Considering the 5-10 month approval time, that’s a lot of time without the former trust members having legal access unless it is very rare anything gets added to it.

Enter the growing popularity of “single shot” trusts. The trust is for only one NFA item. Once approved you add the members to the trust you’d like to. Want a new NFA item, get a new trust.

That’s the route I went. Not a fuzzy chance in hell my wife is going to put up with all this dick dance of paperwork to add her and remove her let alone submitting fingerprints and pictures every so often. She is annoyed enough I own some NFA items. Way easier just to do single shot trusts and later I’ll get some trust member paperwork together and get her to sign it and notarized and done. I want another item, I just need to get another form signed and notarized. Same with my kids when they are legally old enough. I want them to be able to have access, but don’t want to juggle fingerprints and pictures for them or revoking and adding access and “aww Dad, I was hoping to use the can for hunting this week. What do you mean you pulled me off the trust so you could buy another suppressor?”

It takes while to wrap your head around it all.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-133124_Drive.jpg
      Screenshot_20210616-133124_Drive.jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 318

18wheeler

Mar 16, 2019
    Perryville
    I can’t imagine a government agency so big, and so overfunded, and so well, useless, that they have the time to go after individuals for something that really isn’t that big of a gawd damn deal to anyone.

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    So I have three pistols with sb3 and sb4 braces with 10.5 uppers. I guess if this nonsense bs goes thru I'll have to apply for an sbr on the best of the 3 lowers. Then I should be able to run any of the 3 10.5 uppers. Would this be correct or am I still running illegal lengths?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've had to review public comments on Federal NEPA documents for DOD land development, and I can tell you, it is no fun. I feel sorry for the poor contractors that are going to have to wade through all of these.

It's especially annoying, because the comments will be ignored, just like with the bumpstocks, and the Feds will do what their masters damn well please.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    It's especially annoying, because the comments will be ignored, just like with the bumpstocks, and the Feds will do what their masters damn well please.

I found exclusive video of the AFT's plan to review comments on pistol braces.

SD3.gif

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    https://good.house.gov/media/press-...ndividual-sovereignty-through-our-laws-pistol

une 11, 2021
    Press Release

WASHINGTON – Today, U.S. Representative Bob Good (VA-05) introduced the Protecting Individual Sovereignty Through Our Laws Act, or PISTOL Act. This legislation would prevent the Biden Administration from arduously regulating pistol braces by clarifying that what constitutes a “pistol” is not subject to bureaucratic interpretation.

“The right to keep and bear arms is not subject to arbitrary regulation, especially when the law was never intended to apply to firearm accessories,” said U.S Congressman Bob Good. “My bill would hold the Biden Administration accountable and prevent them from improperly classifying pistol braces or regulating them by decree.”

The PISTOL Act is cosponsored by: Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Ted Budd (R-NC), Lance Gooden (R-TX), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Diana Harshbarger (R-TN), Scott Perry (R-PA), Matt Rosendale (R-MT), Jody Hice (R-GA), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Russ Fulcher (R-ID), Tom McClintock (R-CA), Warren Davidson (R-OH), Fred Keller (R-PA), Randy Weber (R-TX), Greg Steube (R-FL), and Andy Harris (R-MD).

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    https://good.house.gov/media/press-...ndividual-sovereignty-through-our-laws-pistol

The PISTOL Act is cosponsored by: Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Ted Budd (R-NC), Lance Gooden (R-TX), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Diana Harshbarger (R-TN), Scott Perry (R-PA), Matt Rosendale (R-MT), Jody Hice (R-GA), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Russ Fulcher (R-ID), Tom McClintock (R-CA), Warren Davidson (R-OH), Fred Keller (R-PA), Randy Weber (R-TX), Greg Steube (R-FL), and Andy Harris (R-MD).

Andy! You just lost a vote!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    59,261 comments on the regulation as of this morning with 83 days left to go. No way of knowing for sure without reading them all, but if I were a betting man (and based on the couple of dozen I've randomly clicked on), I'd say it running running at least 9 to 1 against.

Go Power Rangers, Go!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    haha

Garbage, I hated it

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

was not a great fan of gentleman jims my parents live in twinbrook where it used to be when I was in HS in the 80's...... did not like that weird taste. However, back in the 80's there were awesome restaurants on the pike like GD Graffitti's, Mothers Pizza- awesome, and a lot of other cool places.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    59,261 comments on the regulation as of this morning with 83 days left to go. No way of knowing for sure without reading them all, but if I were a betting man (and based on the couple of dozen I've randomly clicked on), I'd say it running running at least 9 to 1 against.

Go Power Rangers, Go!

I haven't seen any in support from reading several dozen.
    But I have seen a number that could be read to be the author agreeing they are SBRs without saying the NFA needs to be overturned or an amnesty offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom