Suggested source for a basic level tactical medical training course?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Been getting ads from Blue Force Gear regarding tourniquets lately and figured I should probably finally get one or two. Then it occurred to me that it is time it took a proper training course to learn the ins and outs of how to use them (something more than Youtube).

Any suggestions for a tactical medical course of some type in the DC/N. VA/WV region?

Much thanks in advance!

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Take a Stop the Bleed class. They used to have them at Sinai for free. Go to stopthebleed.org and search for local classes.

Sinai had paired Stop the Bleed with an active shooter class.. that class was far more for hospital employees, but still somewhat useful.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Take a Stop the Bleed class. They used to have them at Sinai for free. Go to stopthebleed.org and search for local classes.

Sinai had paired Stop the Bleed with an active shooter class.. that class was far more for hospital employees, but still somewhat useful.

+1 University of MD medical center has them too. Thats where I did mine.

I also recommend RedCross first aid/CPR course. Do the in person one not the online one. I think it cost $80 but worth it IMO.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    These guys were Industry Partners for a long time and had many good reviews. I do not have personal experience with them.

https://www.ccjatraining.com/medicaltrain.html

I took a class with Tom. I have one word EXCELLENT!
    He was running a 1 day emergency medical/medic class. It focused on stopping bleeding. He really opened my eyes on what I didn't know. I built my med kits based on this info.
    His company does ton of EMT/ SWAT/ LE /USSS med classes. There were a couple guys who proctored the class I attended. One was the EMT/Paramedic that rides in the Shock Trauma helicopters, the other was a USSS medic that is on the EP team. Impressive creds for all involved.
    Not sure what you are looking for, but they are worth a look...

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    Another option... National Safety Council did offer a 2- hour specialty course dealing with just tournequet use. In Md, I think it's Chesapeake Safety Council. Dan Kellum at CSC could tell you more about it.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    For a quick stop gap, take the Red Cross stop the bleed class like others have said. It’s a quick easy class that gives you the basics. Will be the quickest and cheapest option. Expand from their.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom