• calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just got approval today for eForm 1 after 5 months and 20 days

Submitted 02-01-2021
    Approved 07-21-2021

[EDIT] Of course - my approved form has a "DRAFT" water mark on it. Guess I'll have to ask for another copy.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Got a Form 4 Approved from April of 2020. The annoying thing is that I bought 4 cans last year, and 3 were approved within about 4-5 months. Not sure why that suppressor took so long to clear.

Still waiting on my SBS 590A1 form 4. SilencerCo Salvo 12 needs a host.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    2nd can; individual. credit card hit 12/22/20, LGS called to say the stamp was done two days ago, so just a hair over six months.
    Got my “check cashed” Christmas Day 2020, the tracker says should be back in less than 200 days total from start (purchase) to finish of this process. I used the SilencerShop kiosk to submit form 4 individual and e-file. Today is day #240 I think from purchase date of 12/2/20, way more than 200, I think the tracker needs updating. This is my 1st can, 1st time going thru the process, and I gotta say I’m not a big fan of this. Was contemplating 2 more once I get this one. Probably gonna bail on that idea now, have a sour taste in my mouth for it now.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Got a Form 4 Approved from April of 2020. The annoying thing is that I bought 4 cans last year, and 3 were approved within about 4-5 months. Not sure why that suppressor took so long to clear.

Still waiting on my SBS 590A1 form 4. SilencerCo Salvo 12 needs a host.
    The answer to that question is that it was approved at the end of August, 2020. That’s two Form 4s of mine that the ATF has lost. My current FFL makes a point of calling periodically to check on devices that have been sitting around way too long, so he requested the certified copy of the Form 4. I should have followed up last year when it was clear my other stuff was getting approved in 4 months, but I just never got around to it. Also I bought the can because it was 50% off, not because I needed it for anything in particular.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Got my “check cashed” Christmas Day 2020, the tracker says should be back in less than 200 days total from start (purchase) to finish of this process. I used the SilencerShop kiosk to submit form 4 individual and e-file. Today is day #240 I think from purchase date of 12/2/20, way more than 200, I think the tracker needs updating. This is my 1st can, 1st time going thru the process, and I gotta say I’m not a big fan of this. Was contemplating 2 more once I get this one. Probably gonna bail on that idea now, have a sour taste in my mouth for it now.
    Yea. Not getting instant gratification is a bitch, eh?

I submitted 4x at the same time and it took 7.5 months to take them home. You learn to forget about them and then out of no where you get a phone call saying you can take them home. It's like Christmas!

I still have 4 more in process right now. I'm figuring October to January is when those will come home.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Probably doesn’t. Some people’s stuff takes longer. It’s an average. My first can was a bit shorter than what had been running by around a month. My second can was close to a month longer than the average.

If it makes you feel better my check was cashed right at the beginning of November, so only about 6-7 weeks before your’s was cashed. I picked mine up about 8 weeks ago. So you are pretty close to where you are running. At least supposing yours is ready soon.

But two guys can have their check cashed on the same day and have wildly different results. Just depends on which examiner’s stack it goes on.

You try to sit back and forget about it, but it’s hard. I am 2 months in to my 3rd tax stamp and I know I’ve got several more months. I remember every week or two and feel impatient for an hour or so and then forget about it again. Come late fall I’ll start getting impatient.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Funny, I was thinking about that with my Ruger PC carbine last evening.
    Made this graphic almost three years ago when thinking of random unconventional things to SBR.

Hypothetical 29” MD-legal Ruger PC SBR:

Attachments

• C5F96D31-8391-4283-9368-28A441638725.jpeg
      C5F96D31-8391-4283-9368-28A441638725.jpeg
      15.5 KB · Views: 298

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl