• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    June 17th to... YESTERDAY!!! It's about facking time!!

edit: I believe April 30th was when the whole process started. Had to transfer it from out of state dealer to local first. I think I started the paperwork to do my actual transfer in the end of June. I'll have to doublecheck the paperwork (EDIT: just checked actual date)

Last edited:

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    April 30th to... YESTERDAY!!! It's about facking time!!

edit: I believe April 30th was when the whole process started. Had to transfer it from out of state dealer to local first. I think I started the paperwork to do my actual transfer in the end of June. I'll have to doublecheck the paperwork.

If that's true, you were lucky.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Paper form NFA approvals have been accelerating rapidly lately. The approvals basically maxed at 11 months, and now are at 9 months. If they continue at the current rate, I think we should see them fall to 7 months by June. I admit, seeing my September check-cashed SBRs would be kinda nice.

Mind you, shutting off e-forms might change that, but they hired a whole bunch of new examiners this year, and we might be seeing the effects of those going online (plus the post-Newtown backlog getting worked through). Remember that back in 2010-2011, approvals were only taking 3 months from check cashed... so it might improve even more than we suspect if they're not falling behind anymore. :)

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Paper form NFA approvals have been accelerating rapidly lately. The approvals basically maxed at 11 months, and now are at 9 months. If they continue at the current rate, I think we should see them fall to 7 months by June. I admit, seeing my September check-cashed SBRs would be kinda nice.

Mind you, shutting off e-forms might change that, but they hired a whole bunch of new examiners this year, and we might be seeing the effects of those going online (plus the post-Newtown backlog getting worked through). Remember that back in 2010-2011, approvals were only taking 3 months from check cashed... so it might improve even more than we suspect if they're not falling behind anymore. :)

Reading your post only makes me want to buy more.:sad20:

Is there a mandatory waiting period for approval or is the wait time just because of the backlog?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There has been speculation that the BATFE had internal targets for wait times that they staffed to, but there is no statutory minimum wait time. There was a bit of a perfect storm when the budget and hiring got frozen at about the same time NFA trusts got popular... combine that with a panic buying spree, and you can see how times could get out of hand.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    3-5 weeks, I bet. Of course, that may be me being optimistic - I really want to play my Glock SBR this summer. :)

I'd like to hope so.

Wouldn't mind having my first stamp out of the way. So I can do it all over again for a suppressor. (Glutton for punishment??)

Glock-SBR, hmm. Should be fun.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    3-5 weeks, I bet. Of course, that may be me being optimistic - I really want to play my Glock SBR this summer. :)

That might be about right. There are late September pendings which have been approved per NFA tracker. I'm dying to get my Spectre I submitted paperwork for in July...hoping to hear something by the first week of May....

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Still have 4 pending.

2 from end of June 2013
    1 from end of Aug 2013
    and
    1 from Feb 2014

Will it ever end???????

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Form 1 SBR Trust
    Submited 7/9/13
    Pending 9/13/13
    Approved 4/8/14
    Received 4/11/14

WahoOO! Now need to get engraving done. Any recommendations in the Monkey County area?

I know Rubber Stamp in Rockville does it but their machine is down right now.

Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Form 1 SBR Trust
    Submited 7/9/13
    Pending 9/13/14
    Approved 4/8/14
    Received 4/11/14

WahoOO! Now need to get engraving done. Any recommendations in the Monkey County area?

I guessing your Pending date was actually 9/13/2013. If so, who was your examiner? I have a Form 4 that went pending the same day. I'm hoping the stamp for mine is just around the corner.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Form 1 SBR Trust
    Submited 7/9/13
    Pending 9/13/14
    Approved 4/8/14
    Received 4/11/14

Engage did mine. About a week or two turn around. I got mine done while waiting and just assembled the upper tonight. Daniel Defense MK18 in FDE. Looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom