• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I've never had a chigger. Not even sure what to look for.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Going (cross)bow hunting for the first time tomorrow. I hope I don't shoot Armed Ferrett. :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you do, shoot him in the chest...so he doesn't suffer too much. :D
    Good luck tomorrow...either way. :innocent0

Thanks. I'm taking the "go big, or go home" approach. 542 grain arrow on my Excalibur 440 Bulldog. He won't suffer.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Bump, bump, bump... Another one bites the dust...

2bGMOpS.jpg

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    ...so you had it tied to a tree, then you killed it with a knife???
    What kind of knife is that? I want one...:lol2:

Lol. A buddy got it for me while she was in Scandinavia. Took the deer with a crossbow. I sent her this picture letting her know the knife she got me was about to put in some work.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Got her this morning as I left the woods. Walked out to see her standing 20yds from me.

Attachments

• 262FFB6C-17AB-4B14-AE5C-415CBDA8AE00.jpeg
      262FFB6C-17AB-4B14-AE5C-415CBDA8AE00.jpeg
      89.2 KB · Views: 253

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    First time out at a place we needed to clear deer. Shot this mountain deer for my buddy BigT and dropped it at the butcher for him

Attachments

• 14FD52A1-6A19-460F-A5D8-B989D2B4F2AB.jpg
      14FD52A1-6A19-460F-A5D8-B989D2B4F2AB.jpg
      96.4 KB · Views: 258

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    ...so you had it tied to a tree, then you killed it with a knife???
    What kind of knife is that? I want one...:lol2:

Lol. A buddy got it for me while she was in Scandinavia. Took the deer with a crossbow. I sent her this picture letting her know the knife she got me was about to put in some work.

LOL. The second I saw the picture, it got the WW2 militaria collector in me going! That is very close to (and may be a modern version of) a Finnish Puukko.
    Historically, every Finnish man, woman, and child carried one on their person. Kinda doubt they do that these days, though the Puukko industry is still going.

Being the Finn collector I am, I have dozens of these from WW2 and before. Very handy knives - and SHARP!!!
    So I wouldn’t mess up a historic knife, I commissioned a friend’s father in Finland to make me a compact hunting version a few years ago. I asked him to make the handle from Artic Birch - the same wood used in the Finnish WW2 rifles to give them the flaming (on fire) look. He did a great job. I use to field dress all of my deer. Small enough to reach all the way up into the cavity to cut the esophagus and get everything out in one, long pull.

Attachments

• 094363D6-A40E-444A-BD44-268967D1C88F.jpg
      094363D6-A40E-444A-BD44-268967D1C88F.jpg
      130 KB · Views: 243

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    (Temp thread hi-Jack). The small knife handle doesn’t do the wood justice. Here’s a nice example of a Finn Artic Birch Stock. The larger piece of wood really shows off the grain.

Attachments

• 75CD6E87-9483-4995-8402-C4F8EF27FEC9.jpg
      75CD6E87-9483-4995-8402-C4F8EF27FEC9.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 249

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    LOL. The second I saw the picture, it got the WW2 militaria collector in me going! That is very close to (and may be a modern version of) a Finnish Puukko.
    Historically, every Finnish man, woman, and child carried one on their person. Kinda doubt they do that these days, though the Puukko industry is still going.

Being the Finn collector I am, I have dozens of these from WW2 and before. Very handy knives - and SHARP!!!
    So I wouldn’t mess up a historic knife, I commissioned a friend’s father in Finland to make me a compact hunting version a few years ago. I asked him to make the handle from Artic Birch - the same wood used in the Finnish WW2 rifles to give them the flaming (on fire) look. He did a great job. I use to field dress all of my deer. Small enough to reach all the way up into the cavity to cut the esophagus and get everything out in one, long pull.

Nice blade. I wish i knew that much about mine. My friend bought it for me because she knows I hunt and it had a stag on it. Lol. All I know is it is sharp as hell and performed as well as my razorlite but better, because cleaning it is so much easier.
    DxEJ1pr.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom