What Ruger PC Carbines mods/upgrades have you done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Any thoughts about .357?

Assuming you're referring to .357 sig, I would be surprised if it has enough of a following that Ruger would ever really consider a pcc model chambered for it. Weider things have happened though.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thanks for posting, follow up with your thoughts on how big a difference any or all of the mods had on your shooting experience. :thumbsup:

Thus far, the mod that's made the biggest observable difference was upgrading to a mcarbo extended mag release. Much quicker and easier swapping out mags with that upgrade. I haven't felt the need to swap out the extractor or buffer yet. I've got only got 200 rounds through mine at this point, though. I need to get to the range more.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I did the same thing that I usually always do. I wanted to just get a nice little cheap plinking 9mm to play with. Before I knew it, I had gone full on Mad Max/Fallout/Post apocalyptic. You might think I could have bought a much better carbine for what I spent. Let me assure you, I would like have done the same thing regardless of what the base firearm started as.

CROM hand rails.
    Sig Sauer M-Lok bayonet mount.
    Standard M7 Bayonet.
    Midwest Industries extended Charging handle.
    ProMag Drako magazine (for show).
    Witt Machine SME Linear Comp.
    CNC Warrior arm brace.
    Streamlight ProTac HL-X
    Hightower Armory Sight mounts
    TruGlo Tritium Glock sights.
    MCARBO Extended Magazine Release.
    Franklin Armory BFSIII PC-C1 Binary Trigger.

Attachments

• 20211227_171621.1.jpg
      20211227_171621.1.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 436
    • 20211227_171016.1.jpg
      20211227_171016.1.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 492

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Highly suggest the backpacker stock. Loving it so far over the factory boat paddle.

Attachments

• 144FB94D-679E-4F49-8B7F-F8EB8DE203E2.jpg
      144FB94D-679E-4F49-8B7F-F8EB8DE203E2.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 413

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Have you had a chance to shoot it in this configuration?

Highly suggest the backpacker stock. Loving it so far over the factory boat paddle.

I am waiting to hear how this works out accuracy wise. I like the idea but don't want to lose any functionality. I love it as is but it is definitely an interesting mod!

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Just picked one of these up from one of our IP's and was thinking about a few mods. For those of you who have been shooting the platform awhile, do you have any suggestions or is it perfect right out of the box? :innocent0

Was looking at a few reputable sites
    https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-pc-carbine-accessories.aspx

https://www.tandemkross.com/Ruger®-PC-Carbine™_c_216.html

I shot mine for many moons without a mod. She’s a heavy little firearm, seems handy in a fight and very reliable. Never really felt the need to change her parts out. But after reading this post I am now looking at upgrades…..

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I did the same thing that I usually always do. I wanted to just get a nice little cheap plinking 9mm to play with. Before I knew it, I had gone full on Mad Max/Fallout/Post apocalyptic. You might think I could have bought a much better carbine for what I spent. Let me assure you, I would like have done the same thing regardless of what the base firearm started as.

CROM hand rails.
    Sig Sauer M-Lok bayonet mount.
    Standard M7 Bayonet.
    Midwest Industries extended Charging handle.
    ProMag Drako magazine (for show).
    Witt Machine SME Linear Comp.
    CNC Warrior arm brace.
    Streamlight ProTac HL-X
    Hightower Armory Sight mounts
    TruGlo Tritium Glock sights.
    MCARBO Extended Magazine Release.
    Franklin Armory BFSIII PC-C1 Binary Trigger.

Is a CC permit required to carry these in a backpack taken down?

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    I am waiting to hear how this works out accuracy wise. I like the idea but don't want to lose any functionality. I love it as is but it is definitely an interesting mod!

I didn’t see any change in poi from before. Really doesn’t change the shooting other than being slightly lighter. Makes it a bit front heavy. Once a loaded mag is in the stock it’s better.

I only wish they had made the angle so that a 17 round mag could be in the gun when stowed

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016

Looking at getting a Ruger PC now, it has to be one with 10 rounds (19101 or 19102). It will go well with my Glock 19 mags.

I got the one with 17 rounds online. Store kept the magazines.

I had to have a threaded barrel. Speaking of which time to pick a 9mm suppressor out.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland

Looking at getting a Ruger PC now, it has to be one with 10 rounds (19101 or 19102). It will go well with my Glock 19 mags.

I got the one with 17 rounds online. Store kept the magazines.

I had to have a threaded barrel. Speaking of which time to pick a 9mm suppressor out.

Most local gun shops carry whatever variant they can get their hands on. Some will keep the standard capacity mags (aka 10+) and some will pin the mags at 10 rounds and include them in the sale. Also, if you order one on-line and have it shipped to a local FFL, the seller may or may not ship it with the standard capacity mags, and/or the local FFL may keep them. In short, if you have patience, you can get the variant you want the first time around. The mags scenario is really a non-issue, as you can legally buy them out of state if you're a MD resident, and glock mags are relatively cheap and plentiful.

Halfmoon

Jan 8, 2022
    Annapolis MD
    Thanks, I found a 19102 used today for a good deal @ A 2. I put 70 rounds thought it on my way home. Not one hiccup and the iron sights were pretty good too.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Thanks, I found a 19102 used today for a good deal @ A 2. I put 70 rounds thought it on my way home. Not one hiccup and the iron sights were pretty good too.

You probably should have stopped at a range...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom