• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Lived in Md for 44 years. Finally retired and got the hell out. Moved to Texas for 11 years, now in Alabama. Held CCW in TX for 10 years & now 2 years in Al.
    Does MD recognize my Al permit, or any other states permit?

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Lived in Md for 44 years. Finally retired and got the hell out. Moved to Texas for 11 years, now in Alabama. Held CCW in TX for 10 years & now 2 years in Al.
    Does MD recognize my Al permit, or any other states permit?

Does not recognize any other state's CCW.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well I guess I won't come for a visit then. It's more of a personal thing than a need to carry, although the crime in Md is really high now.

That's like getting out of prison after doing 44 without, and going back on visitor's day...

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    That's like getting out of prison after doing 44 without, and going back on visitor's day...

Yep. I only miss some close friends there, so I've invited them to come to a Red state!

I still remember the straw that broke the camel's back with my decision to leave MD when I retired. I had an issue with someone vandalizing my car. Young female St Mary's officer reads me the riot act when I mention that 230gr will solve this. She goes off on me. Tells me how she'll be back to arrest me. Screw her and MD law. I decided right then to move to TX. where I can legally protect my property with deadly force or the threat thereof. Yes, I can shoot you for trying to steal my car stereo or tires!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep. I only miss some close friends there, so I've invited them to come to a Red state!

I still remember the straw that broke the camel's back with my decision to leave MD when I retired. I had an issue with someone vandalizing my car. Young female St Mary's officer reads me the riot act when I mention that 230gr will solve this. She goes off on me. Tells me how she'll be back to arrest me. Screw her and MD law. I decided right then to move to TX. where I can legally protect my property with deadly force or the threat thereof. Yes, I can shoot you for trying to steal my car stereo or tires!

I couldn't resist.

I tried talking the wife into moving to Tay-has. She was having none of it.
    I'm working on Bama. I just need to find a house on a lake and maybe I won't have to leave he behind when I retire soon.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    I couldn't resist.

I'm working on Bama. I just need to find a house on a lake and maybe I won't have to leave he behind when I retire soon.

Plenty of waterfront homes here, mostly on the rivers.
    Property taxes in TX are stupid high. Much cheaper in Bama.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Put the pressure on your legislature for ConCarry. I feel like AL should have had it 2 years ago but you must have some Rhinos in high places doing the desk drawer veto trick.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Put the pressure on your legislature for ConCarry. I feel like AL should have had it 2 years ago but you must have some Rhinos in high places doing the desk drawer veto trick.

??????
    Al HAS both concealed & open carry . Open is also permitless.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Constitutional Carry is least infringement. I don’t get open carry, well I get it, just not my choice. My open carry of choice would be a rifle. :)

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Constitutional Carry is least infringement. I don’t get open carry, well I get it, just not my choice. My open carry of choice would be a rifle. :)

Al does NOT have Constitutional Carry.
    Permit required for CC. And yes, you can open carry a rifle.
    I don't know where press1280 is getting his info.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Al does NOT have Constitutional Carry.
    Permit required for CC. And yes, you can open carry a rifle.
    I don't know where press1280 is getting his info.

I took it as he was saying exactly the same as you, AL does not have constitutional carry.

But, it depends upon what he meant by 'ConCarry'... Con = Constitutional or Concealed.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Theft of property AT NIGHT.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I couldn't resist.

Also look a little due north in east TN. Low property taxes, no state income tax and Con Carry as of 1 July.

We just got our first property tax bill, $419 for the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom