New to MD from GA. What do I need to do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm registered to vote as a Democrat, just because it makes sense for me. Guns don't matter to me enough that I'd ever ignore every other agreement I have with the Democratic party to not vote for them, but I'll definitely keep my eye out for the primaries when a pro-gun candidate comes along.

At 292,000,000 to 1, you have a much better chance at hitting the Powerball jackpot than you do of finding a pro Second Amendment Democrat...

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    The first thing that comes to mind is... a U-turn.

;)

^^THIS^^

Oh, wait. I just read the one above quoted by ChannelCat. "I'm registered to vote as a Democrat, just because it makes sense for me. Guns don't matter to me enough that I'd ever ignore every other agreement I have with the Democratic party to not vote for them".

Welcome home. GA thanks you. One less dem in GA good, one more in MD makes no difference.

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    Don’t unload the truck! I just finally got back to Georgia after way too many years in Maryland. Already picked up one lower that they would not ship to me in MD even tho it was legal. Joining the Isaac Walton league may help you keep your sanity if you insist on staying there.Make friends in West Virginia and hunt and fish there whenever you can. Eastern shore is nice too if you have people to go with. Maryland used to be pretty good but just too many people(traffic) and too many crappy laws these days.
    Best to you!
    Joe

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don’t unload the truck! I just finally got back to Georgia after way too many years in Maryland. Already picked up one lower that they would not ship to me in MD even tho it was legal. Joining the Isaac Walton league may help you keep your sanity if you insist on staying there.Make friends in West Virginia and hunt and fish there whenever you can. Eastern shore is nice too if you have people to go with. Maryland used to be pretty good but just too many people(traffic) and too many crappy laws these days.
    Best to you!
    Joe

He is where he belongs being a Democrat who votes that way instead of a DINO. One less vote that cancels yours out.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    ^^THIS^^

Oh, wait. I just read the one above quoted by ChannelCat. "I'm registered to vote as a Democrat, just because it makes sense for me. Guns don't matter to me enough that I'd ever ignore every other agreement I have with the Democratic party to not vote for them".

Welcome home. GA thanks you. One less dem in GA good, one more in MD makes no difference.

Well said!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You cannot both support Bernie Sanders and love Freedom.

Shrodinger’s political party….

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll make comment on the topic touched upon by Stevenjo , the OP , on the relative importance of 2A views by politicians .

* To Me * , it is the most important and reliable of Litmus Test .

Virtually without fail , if they are anti 2A in any meaningful way * , they will have a plethora of other views that I also oppose .

On the flip side , Pro Gun doesn't get hypothetical absolute pass , but in the real world , I'd be hard pressed to think of political match up from past 150 yrs where the Anti candidate was better overall than the Pro candidate .

The rarest of all was several years ago in Virginia , for Gov iirc . Two of the minor party candidates both were absolutely identical in support for 2A , and Strict Construction of the Constitution , but disagreed on virtually everything else . ( Libertarian vs Whatever the Bible Thumpers called themselves that year . )

* If a politician is pro gun up to and including no hassle Shall Issue , I won't throw them out with the bathwater , if they're not on board yet with Con Carry or Hughes Repeal .

Further Observations - If a politician has views on other subjects that you disagree , there probably is a broad coalition of people on that issue actively pushing against it . i.e. Say that Candidate X is mostly your kinda guy , except you disagree with him wanting to remove controls against Industrial Water Pollution . You can be assured that if he actually tries it , it will face massive political opposition , lobbying , and a dozen lawsuits .

Conversely , " we " are the only people fighting to preserve the 2A , and no other Interests or Groups have our backs in common cause .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom