• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    Just thought i would give some of you M&P owners a little review on the new FSS trigger assembly apex tactical just started shipping out. I received mine last week but just got around to installing it today. Took about 35 minutes or so. First off I won this trigger but i can say it seems worth the 159.95. If you already have the DCAEK or the competition kit this will replace all those parts also.

First off the components are top notch, the new trigger itself looks very well made and of good quality being aluminum. The edges aren't rounded as much as the stock trigger but i think it helps being flatter making the shooter pull more straight back instead of the angle. Also it has a trigger safety bar in the middle of the trigger that works well, I have tried to manipulate and pull the trigger without pushing in the safety and it won't budge.

The kit comes with the new trigger with overtravel and pretravel stops that work with the new sear. The new sear has a extended caming surface which changes the timing to that like a 1911 trigger. Also comes with a new sear spring, striker block, striker spring, trigger spring, and ram spring.

First thing i did was install the trigger itself while using the original trigger bar and pin, wasn't too hard to do just have to lube the original trigger pin to put into the new trigger housing.

Then installed my trigger spring from my DCAEK kit since it will make the trigger about 3lbs, if you use the one that comes with it the trigger pull will be between 4-5lbs. I have the competition trigger spring which is rated at 2lbs or less but i don't want my trigger that light.

After that its on to the sear housing side with installing the new sear and sear spring. If you have the older housing it will not accept the new spring and will need to milled out or just buy a new housing. I am using the original sear spring and plunger right now and will see how it works until i get the new housing. Then also installed the lighter ram spring.

Put everything back together and functioned checked and it was a huge change for the better. I have a M&P 40 with the DCAEK installed and it was leaps and bounds better. Nice crisp break, with very little pretravel and zero overtravel. This is a great addition to those that use the M&P for competition like i do. It works for every M&P model including the .45 and compact models. I don't have a 1911 so i can't compare it to a worked trigger on one but i do now its personally the best trigger in a pistol that i have ever used.

Apex is working on a plastic trigger with more rounded edges that they will recommend for carry since this is competition only. I will still carry with this one though.

Here is a pic of the trigger installed. And i will post the install video from youtube also.

IMG_1746.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo__f4ldJ3Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom