• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PHRFcrewman

Jul 20, 2014
    Hamilton, Baltimore
    Just got off the phone with shock trauma, apparently the worst victim (the veteran) is no longer there, I'm trying to get contact info for him to see if he is home. Either he discharged himself our his injuries aren't as serious as we thought.

Were you able to find him? Is he okay?

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    As far as I know he is fine. I called Frederick memorial hospital to and he's not there. He may be at an Army hospital but I'm going to find where he lives, he's in a nearby apartment to me.

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    To all my fellow veterans: I witnessed a brutal assault on a 20 year Army veteran that attempted to stop an armed robbery right outside of my apartment. I rushed outside to the group of 10-15 subjects which subsequently fled the area after I identified myself and order them to stop. All subjects fled to an adjacent nearby apartment and where they were quickly apprehended by Frederick City Police.

The male victim and the victims he was trying to protect were injured in the brawl, but the veteran sustained severe trauma to his head and was flown to shock trauma with life threatening injuries. I will post more information as it is made available. Please keep this soldier in your prayers. He has a long fight ahead of him and needs our support.

Also, lots of respect to the Frederick City officers for their expeditious response and very quick apprehension of all parties involved.

15 people were involved in an armed robbery. We're they robbing a business? Were all 15 armed? That's gang activity.

Hope the VET is ok!

Aug 20, 2014
    Can't tell you how glad I am that you got involved. I've got an update for you on the veteran... he was discharged and is recovering reasonably well, still has a few tests left to make sure he's on track. There's more to this story than meets the eye. If you know him personally, stay vigilant.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Can't tell you how glad I am that you got involved. I've got an update for you on the veteran... he was discharged and is recovering reasonably well, still has a few tests left to make sure he's on track. There's more to this story than meets the eye. If you know him personally, stay vigilant.

Hell of a first post. Hope everything turns out ok for him and others close to him. Thank him for his service.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Glad to hear he's doing OK.

Unrelated, but the stay vigiliant ststement sounds like good and substantial if I didn't know better. Stay safe and welcome to the forum GCB.

Aug 20, 2014
    Update for anyone still interested... ole tat face and his BFF had their court date today. It shows on the court webpage that they plead "other" and the disposition on the case was "nolle prosequi" which is legal terminology indicating that the prosecution isn't going to pursue the case. Does anyone in law enforcement have any idea why? or what it means, beyond what I can read on the court's page? I'd have really liked to see this career criminal get another chance at that career and resume his employment moving rocks from one pile to another. help?

Also, the vet is doing just fine. he had his last few medical tests this week, his head has healed nicely, and they successfully reattached most of his ear (it just looks a little... chewed).

Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg
    Sadly enough I am not surprised by the nolle pros. It is shocking the first time that it sets in on you just how broken our legal system is. The funny thing is that now the perpetrators have the force of law behind them; just like it never happened.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Update for anyone still interested... ole tat face and his BFF had their court date today. It shows on the court webpage that they plead "other" and the disposition on the case was "nolle prosequi" which is legal terminology indicating that the prosecution isn't going to pursue the case. Does anyone in law enforcement have any idea why? or what it means, beyond what I can read on the court's page? I'd have really liked to see this career criminal get another chance at that career and resume his employment moving rocks from one pile to another. help?

Also, the vet is doing just fine. he had his last few medical tests this week, his head has healed nicely, and they successfully reattached most of his ear (it just looks a little... chewed).

Did the victim(s), charging officer and witnesses show up?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

I only looked up 2 of the ones charged.

It looks like the major charges (felony charges) were dismissed and that they are only going to go forward with 2nd degree assault charges. According to what I see in case search the case is not over with yet.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I only looked up 2 of the ones charged.

It looks like the major charges (felony charges) were dismissed and that they are only going to go forward with 2nd degree assault charges. According to what I see in case search the case is not over with yet.
    This is probably the preliminary hearing and the judge only found probable cause for the lesser charges or they took a plea deal because they have little or no criminal history. I have not received a summons for a trial. Our warrior could also sue them civilly as well.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Sadly enough I am not surprised by the nolle pros. It is shocking the first time that it sets in on you just how broken our legal system is. The funny thing is that now the perpetrators have the force of law behind them; just like it never happened.
    Criminals are protected by the Constitution more than law abiding citizens most of the time.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    http://t.peoples-law.org/rights-crime-victim-or-victims-representative

I don't know if the vet. Was made aware of victims rights. The link might help him. He should have been made aware of the victims rights by the police or the district court. If he hasn't been notified of this then give him the info from the link. I am glad he is doing fine!

This is so wrong! I prayed for him. It bothers me that thugs can do this to someone then get a slap on the wrist. This had to of caused more problems for the vet than his injuries. The people responsible for injuring the vet. Should be made to pay all expenses incurred. Just the hospital bills had to be alot of money.

Aug 20, 2014
    I will let him know about the victims' rights link, i appreciate it. More than likely he will not be interested in suing them, he'd much rather they not know who he is. He was never called to come testify or really contacted by the police after the first week. I know that an assault is pretty small potatoes compared to what the PD deals with on a daily basis, it just matters a lot to us since we're on the receiving end.
    The two that were charged are career criminals, in and out of the system constantly, and not for little things. Thank you for explaining that the cases might still go forward, even with lesser charges... some justice beats no justice! I really appreciate all the support from you all, this whole experience was really disturbing, but somehow having a network of (albeit anonymous) people with thoughts and prayers has been comforting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom