• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nicholas A.

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery county
    One of my best friends recently had to get a protective order against her Ex-boyfriend due to various reason. My question is since she does have this and I'm trying to find the best self protection for her that will not violate Montgomery county laws or the like what is one of the better OC sprays? I know what I've used is great however its a little too big for her to carry without possible issues. She will be taking self defense classes and has already had the locks on her home changed, improved and has had a security system installed for when she's at home. Any suggestions and advice will greatly be appreciated

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Add security cameras that record to her new security system. That way if he does show up, or driveby, she has proof.

Nicholas A.

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery county
    I think that had also been installed, if not I'll suggest that to her tonight. The whole situation is messed up...guy lied about so much crap, harassed her stalked her and basically is a total ass....two major lies that he said were one he was in the Marine Corps and in fact was never in ANY military service whatsoever and the second said he works for Homeland Security and was using that as a threat against her, he doesn't work for them in any way what so ever

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    She only need a shotgun.. (Jb voice)

She can still own a firearm if she chooses... Or take mopars suggestion..lol

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Sabre Red. It's easy to find and as good as anything on the market.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    Pepper spray or something similar. You have a duty to retreat, so it's not worth getting charged with murder over some scum.

Nicholas A.

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery county
    understand that, if he does go around her home/work/or school he probably doesn't have good intentions and from what I've heard from her both in court and helping her through this he might be a bit unstable at this point.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Like "LX1X" (damn that's hard to pronounce) above says.....

two barrel Joe Biden has already provided the answer.......

take that shotgun out to the porch an'..... shoot at the neighbors. :rolleyes:

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    If she's animal friendly get a dog, best early warning system out there.

Sabre Red is also a great option as Joppa said above, I've seen it drop someone first hand.

Shotgun is a great idea if she's in the right frame of mind with the situation, and can handle it properly!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    get a MK9 of fox defense labs 5.3 It costs 50.00 and it will stop a small riot, Guaranteed. I literally would rather be shot in the foot with a .22 than be sprayed down with this stuff. Makes sabre red look like Tabasco.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I think there's one or two organizations out there who make it their business to expose, and publicly humiliate, losers like this guy who falsely claim to have served in the military, to make themselves look good.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it's a violation of federal law to falsely represent yourself as a federal employee. If she has any proof that he's done this - emails, texts, etc. - she should hold onto them as evidence.

Would anyone here know how to get the ball rolling on either of these fronts?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Have lunch with him and you will understand the shorthand version of it. lol

lol.. i had the long version on my va plate.. ppl actually asks me while waiting on green light.

X1XLX1X

same if ya read it from rear view mirror.. exception of backward L :)

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I advocate breaking NO laws.

Nicholas A. - I'm very sorry to read about your friend.

The only advice I can give is that your friend is ultimately responsible for her own safety, and no piece of paper will really afford her any succor. She must do what she feels is right to protect herself.

Nicholas A.

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery county
    and I am helping her as best as I can within the confines of the law. One semi scary thing is this guy is campaigning for some form of office, I'm not exactly sure which position and I would prefer not to put his name out there so I don't somehow get dragged into some sort of deformation of character crap from him

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom