• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    One can be wrong for being right. Particularly after the first 20 or so times you point that out.

Just one man's opinion...

[edit]
    This is the 100th post in this thread and a many of these posts aren't about the OP. But after all, this is MD Shooters...

So was I wrong when I argued that a defendant was not guilty of a charge which was unfairly brought against them in court by an overzealous DA?

Should I have simply walked away and allowed him to go to jail?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So was I wrong when I argued that a defendant was not guilty of a charge which was unfairly brought against them in court by an overzealous DA?

Should I have simply walked away and allowed him to go to jail?

No, you can be right when in a discussion, but there's times that being silent makes you the better man. After proving your point for the 20th time, you've said all that needs to be said. I'm just saying that the last word is not always the best words someone's ever spoken.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
      IMG_0212.JPG
      92.2 KB · Views: 218

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I give them one chance to see the truth, if they still insist they are right and everyone else is wrong, I let them live in their own little world. It's their story and I'm just a character.

:thumbsup:
    Just irritating since these people sell firearms and they are spreading false information to the public.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    {1} Since you did not state that you assumed he was talking about possession, in your OP... Thanks for clarifying...

You did, however, state "I informed him that they were illegal to transfer or buy in MD but you can own." Which, for him, is incorrect. As was the assertion that he was wrong about what you reported saying to him.

{2} No such conundrum exists. It so happens that prior to 10/01/13... The magazine limit for residents of Maryland was 20 rounds or LESS. After that date the law changed to only allow transfer of 10 rounds or LESS magazines. The 11,12,13, etc... is a non sequitur. In fact the mention of those numbers is found no place else in this thread.

Fixed it for ya ;)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    When your positions are tenuous you move to arguing semantics. It is interesting to watch you try and argue people into submission.

Arguing from the point of truth is neither tenuous nor is it semantics. It is simply truth. Against which there is no defense necessary.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Arguing from the point of truth is neither tenuous nor is it semantics. It is simply truth. Against which there is no defense necessary.

But beating a dead horse will not get you any further down the road either...

I'm just saying.........

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    No, you can be right when in a discussion, but there's times that being silent makes you the better man. After proving your point for the 20th time, you've said all that needs to be said. I'm just saying that the last word is not always the best words someone's ever spoken.

That right there is some pretty insightful word-putting-togethering you did there, 'specially at the end.:thumbsup:

Kinda makes me think of one of Gibbs' rules. Something along the lines of, "when the job is done, walk away"...and THAT reminds me of the "just walk away" speech from The Road Warrior...and then I've forgotten what we were talking about...:rolleyes:

Guess I need to "read it again" after all...;)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Sooo...if Nobody and his LEO friend are both wrong (or is it both right....I don't remember), maybe a compromise solution would be they both give each other 500rnds of .223 and call it a good day at the range? :shrug:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Okay then, it's your story and we're all just characters.

If that makes you sleep well at night... :thumbsup:

Yet you keep trying to be my advisor...

Me thinks you take this sh1t personally...

You really are not required to read my posts and trying to force your opinion on me is not doing anything for you either. But thanks for your admonitions... It's nice that you're concerned about my sleep habits. :D

(Drops phone... Takes another sip of Bulleit Bourbon...)

Ahhh...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yet you keep trying to be my advisor...

Me thinks you take this sh1t personally...

You really are not required to read my posts and trying to force your opinion on me is not doing anything for you either. But thanks for your admonitions... It's nice that you're concerned about my sleep habits. :D

Yep, exactly what I thought you'd post next. You're so predictable. Look it's all been in fun. I knew you'd react this way. I not only led the horse to water, I got him to take a BIG drink.... :lol2:

Have a good night sleep. :thumbsup:

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    I've found that my cop friends generally aren't the best sources on weapons law.
    Had one buddy absolutely insist that switchblades are illegal in Maryland. I pulled up the law and showed him what it actually says and he still didn't believe me.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Yep, exactly what I thought you'd post next. You're so predictable. Look it's all been in fun. I knew you'd react this way. I not only led the horse to water, I got him to take a BIG drink.... :lol2:

Have a good night sleep. :thumbsup:

Had to get that last word didja... :lol2:
    Knew you would...
    Keep your water... I'm drinking bourbon.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Had to get that last word didja... :lol2:
    Knew you would...
    Keep your water... I'm drinking bourbon.

You probably need to put that bottle away. You've been played and ya don't even know it.

Before you respond, I'm done, so there is no reason to respond, that is unless you absolutely, undeniably need to get in the last word....

3, 2, 1...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    You probably need to put that bottle away. You've been played and ya don't even know it.

Before you respond, I'm done, so there is no reason to respond, that is unless you absolutely, undeniably need to get in the last word....

3, 2, 1...

If it pleases you to think so... :shrug:

A... B... C...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom