• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    Just bought a mossberg 500 persuader, holds 6+1, been in the box and just removed it, tried to load the rounds and can't get anymore than 2 rounds in the tube. What is wrong with the thing, and it also sounds like the spring is loose in the mag tube also like something moving around back and forth in it. I don't remember hearing that with any other mossy's that i used in the navy, but I am going to be pissed if i just bought a new gun and the damn thing is broken already.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    There is a dowel rod in the magazine tube,

take off the barrel, point magazine tube downward, shake, the dowel will come out of the screw hole

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The dowel, is placed in the magazine, because some states limit the number of rounds in the tube to two - and one in the chamber, for hunting.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    what the hell i don't see anywhere in the instructions that it was supposed to be removed before loading lol. i am a idiot i guess, works great now dude thanks a ton.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    thanks a bunch guys, my wife got it for me for christmas and was just pitching a fit that a new gun doesn't work haha. Well here is a pic of my new HD shotgun.

mosin003.jpg

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Nice Mossy. My first "real" gun was a Mossy 500. Sold it to buy something else and now miss it terribly. Just a great, simple workhorse of a shotgun.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    yep thats what i used all the time in the navy and carried when boarding ships, with the training at blackwater i almost got surgical with the thing, so for my first shotgun its what it had to be.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    i will be ordering a LPA ghost ring for the time being, wouldn't mind getting a small red dot but don't know if that will really help or not.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have the similar model without the top rail or front sight. It was my first shotgun and it's still one of my favorite guns to take to the range.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    i like the pistol grip stock....i was just thinking of buying one today for my mossberg and wondered what it would look like and low and behold you post a pic! looks badass!:party29:

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    If you want to get all the rounds in the magazine
    Shotgun Regulations ( MARYLAND )

Shotguns may be used to hunt forest and upland game, coyote, fisher, fox, nutria, opossum, raccoon, skunk, woodchuck and migratory game birds, with the restriction that the magazine and chamber must be capable of holding no more than 3 shells total except resident Canada geese during the Sept. season, light geese when prescribed in annual hunting regulations, or deer hunting (where the number of shells is restricted to 8).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    i will be ordering a LPA ghost ring for the time being, wouldn't mind getting a small red dot but don't know if that will really help or not.

Can't go wrong with a ghost ring. besides it doesn't require batteries.

The problem's I've found with red dots, especially the cheap ones. I can't see the red dot in direct sunlight. Then there are the batteries to contend with...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Shotgun Regulations ( MARYLAND )

Shotguns may be used to hunt forest and upland game, coyote, fisher, fox, nutria, opossum, raccoon, skunk, woodchuck and migratory game birds, with the restriction that the magazine and chamber must be capable of holding no more than 3 shells total except resident Canada geese during the Sept. season, light geese when prescribed in annual hunting regulations, or deer hunting (where the number of shells is restricted to 8).

Check Post #3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom