• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Basically, that IS what you said.

Basically no.

I'm not signing up to loose $ so that others with nothing invested at the moment can get cheap MG's. Do you think every single person signing is already a MG owner that doesn't mind loosing $ and they're doing strickly based on the Constitution? I doubt it. I think there's quite a few that don't have a dime invested and have nothing to loose by signing. The only thing they're worried about is filling their safe with toys. I've read some other forums and seen that response from people. I will not go out of my way to take a loss for them regardless of what anyone thinks.

While I'm not signing, Im not opposed to anyone else doing so. Funny how everybody keeps overlooking that I said that earlier. If the NFA is repealed that's fine, I'm just not going to shoot myself in the foot for it.

I see there's a few people who are in the middle and understand where I'm coming from. To those that don't, oh well. My goal in life is not to try to please everyone on some internet forum. I've got my reasons for doing/not doing things and that's what I'm sticking with. With that I'm done with this thread. OP asked for opinions and I gave mine!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    MG Training

So would you just flip the keys to this 18 year old or anybody for that matter with zero training? :)

MGs.jpg

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Personally, I'm not a fan for my own reasons and wish the national reciprocity for CC went through first.

That being said, if it did go through, I'll be ordering another safe!

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Serious question and not some sort of challenge: Who here actually believes that the Reagan MG ban will be lifted in the next four years?

I, for one, do NOT think it will. I wish it would and I'd gladly give up the value of my FA in order to buy lots of other goodies, but I just don't see it happening.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Serious question and not some sort of challenge: Who here actually believes that the Reagan MG ban will be lifted in the next four years?

I, for one, do NOT think it will. I wish it would and I'd gladly give up the value of my FA in order to buy lots of other goodies, but I just don't see it happening.

No, I don't either. It's a nice thought, but it really seems improbable. But then again, Trump as president seems crazy too so who knows.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Military does it every single day of the week. Are you saying you would support government mandated training prior to firearms ownership?

Not quite, no doubt they have classroom, familiarization and practical. Me like most others here never served a day in uniform because of selfishness or whatever but I'm quite certain the training for pilot isn't "this is the pointy end and here's the key", full auto might have some requirements before live fire as well.

I did NOT say it must be military but some qualified instructor probably should be giving certifications. Did you get your drivers license mail order? A lever action Winchester isn't quite the same as a BAR or grease gun now is it? These aren't toys to be given to an idiot with a 90 IQ like a DL.

Many years ago the NRA had a great outdoor shooting range on
    301, Cheltenham I think it was called, late 70's. Closed down because some idiot put a round through some guys house a mile or so away. :sad20:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Not quite, no doubt they have classroom, familiarization and practical. Me like most others here never served a day in uniform because of selfishness or whatever but I'm quite certain the training for pilot isn't "this is the pointy end and here's the key", full auto might have some requirements before live fire as well.

I did NOT say it must be military but some qualified instructor probably should be giving certifications. Did you get your drivers license mail order? A lever action Winchester isn't quite the same as a BAR or grease gun now is it? These aren't toys to be given to an idiot with a 90 IQ like a DL.

Many years ago the NRA had a great outdoor shooting range on
    301, Cheltenham I think it was called, late 70's. Closed down because some idiot put a round through some guys house a mile or so away. :sad20:

Just after being formed into a boot camp platoon we were marched down to WTB, Weapons Training Battalion, where we picked up our M16A1's sans auto-sear, from the Armory. For most of the platoon it was a metal and plastic stick.

Everyone in the platoon receiced a rifle. It didn't matter if you ASVAB GT score was below 80 or greater than 120.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

As much as I'd like to see it gone, I don't think it's going anywhere either. All the MG snobs can rest easy unfortunately. I was lucky in that I had a well stocked Class II friend that let me shoot his stuff frequently so I got all that full auto out of my system many years ago. Still, It should be repealed for reasons stated earlier. If you want one and are sane, it should be accessible AND affordable. I'd like it because it would mean that I could collect foreign military rifles without them being all butchered up. I probably wouldn't even use the full auto position. As a collector, it would just be nice to know that what I had in my hands was 100% unaltered from how it left the factory and was functioned how it was originally designed to function.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As the current situation, there is a drop dead dividing line of being born 1964 & earlier vs 1965 & later. Ie Be 21yo before Hughes Ammendment. In the usual course of things several years before that. I know that while I was over 21 , as a brokeass college student I wasn't in a position to spend the aprox $3K my prefered MG was then going for .

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    As the current situation, there is a drop dead dividing line of being born 1964 & earlier vs 1965 & later. Ie Be 21yo before Hughes Ammendment. In the usual course of things several years before that. I know that while I was over 21 , as a brokeass college student I wasn't in a position to spend the aprox $3K my prefered MG was then going for .

THIS.

I was 21 In November of 2013. Meant that I had literally no way around an HQL if I wanted to legally own a modern handgun. Not to mention the other now-banned guns that I couldn't afford.

All of these laws are banking on attrition killing off the culture. It's mostly old guys who have MGs, and you know damn well that was the intent with handguns and the HQL.

If we want guns to be around in 100 years, action needs to be taken now.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    As someone who recently sold their MG and regretted it, I would have no problem with it getting repealed. There is no way I could afford one now with an infant and a toddler.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I own multitudes of full auto toys and if I was told my values went down but could now have everything I want in full auto, the juice is definitely worth the squeeze

I'm in the same boat. Yes, I would like it if everything that I already owned held it's value. But I would also love to be able to own a lot more toys. Especially some with very low numbers in the registry or only available as post samples. I'm in the NFA game more to have cool stuff to play with, then as an investment.

And on a side note. I've got no issues with NFA collectors who do not want to see anything change that may cause the value of their collections take a huge hit. Everyone's situation and outlook is different.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Just after being formed into a boot camp platoon we were marched down to WTB, Weapons Training Battalion, where we picked up our M16A1's sans auto-sear, from the Armory. For most of the platoon it was a metal and plastic stick.

Everyone in the platoon receiced a rifle. It didn't matter if you ASVAB GT score was below 80 or greater than 120.

Every Marine a rifleman.... with training. Note I used a BAR and greasegun for example. Imagine someone that's never fired and 06 or 45 shooting at a 15 foot berm. Safe bet up and over because they were too ignorant to realize the muzzle is going to rise. What goes up must come down is my point......

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    One of them jarheads may be a poster here,he'll tell ya if he sees fit.

Hopefully so, again do they give pilots the key after they know the pointy from the blunt end? Did you get your DL without a practice period? Will the military give someone a tug license WITHOUT at least taking a idiot class first? Ummmm no to all the above so why should a MG be given to someone that might know as much as the bullet comes out "here"? :rolleyes:

All I'm SUGGESTING is a standard set curriculum so said idiots don't rain bullets on a community unless they're way offshore somewhere. :sad20: Who's "rights" is this infringing on?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    So what you are saying is... a right is limited to the amount of training you have. Actions have consequences. Education bears on the user. I'm not dismissing the safety aspect of handling and using these tools. Stop mixing privileges and rights.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I would love to own a FA but given my previous comments I don't think the federal government will have much control over states buy in to such things. Let's start with ccw and each state being semi to completely opposite out come. Now other side of spectrum "state legal" marijuana usage and possession but illegal under federal law. So who exactly is running our lives the state or federal government?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom