• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Got into C&R about 2 years ago it seems I am completely hooked.....

Don't get me wrong, I like and love modern arms but the first C&R rifle I got (1957 Arsenal 26 Chinese SKS) from a member here, and the time spent cleaning all the cosmoline from it, getting familiar with how it was put together and the beautiful simplicity of its design and function has me hooked.

It has now been joined by two SKS siblings....a Yugo M59 C-Series and an Albainan SKS.

And I am also a Swiss C&R junkie as well, have a 1917 K11 and the latest addition...a 1941 K31...

Just love the history behind all of them and the fact that I can shoot these better than a lot of people can shoot modern rifles....

I have a problem...and I love it...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The problem is my wallet.....its taking quite a beating....

Ask people who bought $79 K31s and MN 91s for sub $100 if they took a beating.

Meaning, although you probably didn't buy your SKSs as an investment, they will hold their value better than money in a bank.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Ask people who bought $79 K31s and MN 91s for sub $100 if they took a beating.

Meaning, although you probably didn't buy your SKSs as an investment, they will hold their value better than money in a bank.

Completely understand....though I gotta admit I wish I had figured this out when they were cheaper...but still consider them a bargain based on the amount of enjoyment I have gotten out of them so far...plus the fact that they are part of history makes it even better

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Yes you have a good start but it only gets worse (or better), I’ll do my best not to tempt you for more at the monthly match :)

I look at it as investing in precious metals

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    There are much worse problems one can have. So far, every one I have picked up has gone up in value. I wish that I had known about C&R years ago when the bargains were everywhere, but only discovered it a couple of years ago.

I too, fell in love with the simplicity and reliability of my National Security Forces marked Chinese SKS. My C&R collection is small, but I am happy with my acquisitions so far and look forward to adding more in the future. The history and quality of some old guns is amazing. I still like my modern builds, but you just can't beat an old gun with lots of character.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    gota do what you gota do to get what you gota have.."-) Never say you paid too much, just you bought too early... helps with the wallet pain... sort of..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom