• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    My favorite girl and I are going to venture out of the 'burbs and into the filthy, diseased masses of the Big City. Since it's probably going to be our last meal, we want something good. Korean BBQ is the consensus. Any recommendations?

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Are you looking at all you can eat options or places where you can get Korean bbq among other Korean dishes?

Often times the all you can eat bbq places are not as good but much cheaper than getting multiple orders of Korean bbq at a restaurant serving other Korean dishes.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    My favorite girl and I are going to venture out of the 'burbs and into the filthy, diseased masses of the Big City. Since it's probably going to be our last meal, we want something good. Korean BBQ is the consensus. Any recommendations?
    ??

Hope all is well sir.

dfitzs1

Mar 24, 2020
    I've always had a good experience at Honey Pig. The one in Germantown does good all-you-can-eat if that's your thing.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Are you looking at all you can eat options or places where you can get Korean bbq among other Korean dishes?

Often times the all you can eat bbq places are not as good but much cheaper than getting multiple orders of Korean bbq at a restaurant serving other Korean dishes.

Not really picky about the style, just whatever is good. We don't head up to that area very often so trying to make the best of it while we are there.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Kogiya and Oegadgib in Annandale. The wait at Kogiya is insane, even with a reservation, but the service is quick. Oegadgib wasn’t crowded until the white people found out about it.

So in Centreville is owned by the same people as Kogiya. The wait isn’t as insane.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Kogiya and Oegadgib in Annandale. The wait at Kogiya is insane, even with a reservation, but the service is quick. Oegadgib wasn’t crowded until the white people found out about it.

So in Centreville is owned by the same people as Kogiya. The wait isn’t as insane.

Thanks. I'll look them up and see if we can get in. I'm white but my better half is Taiwanese, so we cancel each other out. Maybe that will get us in sooner. Lol.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks. I'll look them up and see if we can get in. I'm white but my better half is Taiwanese, so we cancel each other out. Maybe that will get us in sooner. Lol.

Iron Age and Honey Pig are in that same area in Annandale, but I like Kogiya better. Centreville has Iron Age and Honey Pig near So as well.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    If you dine in DC it could be your last meal.

All is good since we have masks. Masks protect us from any possible harm. Even the dog is masked up since he is going with us. We are obedient citizens.

Attachments

• 20210420_093442.jpg
      20210420_093442.jpg
      89.8 KB · Views: 266

Darks1de

Mar 8, 2021
    Iron Age

Iron age is my go to for Korean Barbecue. Great environment, K pop music videos blasting the whole time, pretty interesting ambiance.
    There is quite a few of them in Maryland and Virginia so it might not be too far of a drive either.
    Reasonable prices, and if the ice cream machine ain't broke like it always is, good soft serve too.

Yelp link to one in DC - https://www.yelp.com/biz/iron-age-washington-2?osq=iron+age

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Another vote for Oegadgib. It might seem weird, but “Mother-in-law” has the opposite connotation in Korea than the US.

dfitzs1

Mar 24, 2020
    Also unrelated, but order the pork belly. Always order the pork belly. Spicy, not spicy, you can't go wrong.

oberyn

Apr 19, 2021
    Iron Age and Honey Pig are in that same area in Annandale, but I like Kogiya better. Centreville has Iron Age and Honey Pig near So as well.

Worth packing a good blanket and some pillows, go to one, food coma, and then drive to the other. Knock two out in one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom