• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    https://www.eagleshows.com/event/wind-gap-pa/

anyone been before? Says 150+ tables, its a three hour ride for me, I don't know if it would be worth it or not.

thanks guys.

Each way, or round trip?

Either way that is a long way to go for a show that is only 150 tables.

I've gone to Morgantown PA shows twice, which is the same vendor, and it was worth it but that was a 2 hour drive each way for a 650 table show.

If you can wait 2 weeks , it looks like they have an Oakes, PA show coming up on the schedule. That is 1500 tables.

anyone been before? Says 150+ tables, its a three hour ride for me, I don't know if it would be worth it or not.

thanks guys.

Each way, or round trip?

I've gone to Morgantown PA shows twice, which is the same vendor, and it was worth it but that was a 2 hour drive each way for a 650 table show.

If you can wait 2 weeks , it looks like they have an Oakes, PA show coming up on the schedule. That is 1500 tables.

Eldersburg to The Poconos +/- for a 150 table show would be a hard pass for me.
    As Bullfrog posted, Oaks (west of Philly) is coming up. Oaks is closer and 10x the size.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    The wife and kids are going to be at the beach, I will be home with the dogs, so I was thinking possibly find a gun show.

I will just do something else, I was leaning towards no for that small of a show.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

thanks guys.

Each way, or round trip?

Eldersburg to The Poconos +/- for a 150 table show would be a hard pass for me.
    As Bullfrog posted, Oaks (west of Philly) is coming up. Oaks is closer and 10x the size.

Eldersburg to Wind Gap? No way!

I can do MoCo to the Oaks in under three hours, and I'll do that for the big 2,000 table "Guntoberfest." If you do Oaks, I definitely recommend either the PA Turnpike approach or bailing out of I-95 once you cross the Susquehanna. Going near or through Philly is a real time-waster. The Schuylkill Expressway is usually jammed up.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Eldersburg to Wind Gap? No way!

I can do MoCo to the Oaks in under three hours

Way. Eldersburg doesn't sit on a major highway. Going North or East you'll go through 20-30 minutes of stop signs and stop lights before you get to one. Plus Wind Gap is much farther North from Oaks than Eldersburg is from most of MoCo, so it's likely a longer drive than your example.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210726-150804_Maps.jpg
      Screenshot_20210726-150804_Maps.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 226

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Forget that noise and go to Raleigh.. way bigger show and probably better prices, I found the york Pa show much higher priced , Harrisburg which is a bigger show I think is in a couple weeks. Ammo is way overpriced especially now that it seems to be everywhere online. Just my .02
    http://dixiegunandknifeshow.com/raleigh.html

You can't be serious... that's 335 miles, a 5 hour drive each way, and it's an 800 table show from the references I found (the promoter site doesn't say).

The Oaks show has 1500 tables in August, 2000 in October and in December and is just over 2 hours away.

The prices better be 60% off from PA or better to justify a 670 mile 10 hr round trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom