• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I want to sell two like new Tops knives.

1. Tops Surv-Tac 7

2. Tops Armageddon

Is there a better place than the classifieds here?

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I always say do the math. I sell on eBay but its a learning curve, not too difficult but they have rules that apply to sellers. You have to give them bank information and they hold your feet to the fire which makes it a safer selling place for buyers. They charge about 13% plus sales tax to the buyer. So $100 knife plus shipping, the buyer pays $106 plus $10 shipping= $116. You get $87 for your knife and time.
    I've sold and bought stuff on ArmsList. It was free but now it's $7 a month to keep riff raff out and you can cancel it easily after a month. It's supposed to be local like Craig's List (which is also good) but now and then you'll get a trusting soul who wants you to ship. There is scammers but if you're careful AND PATIENT you can be successful. Sometimes it takes a few days and sometimes a couple weeks but I've been very successful with all of them.
    But do the math, is a guy going to pay $116 and you get $87 or are you better off putting it on here for $100?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I would post here first with prices you want.

If they don't sell, then go to ebay.

Balance of hassle vs. profit. For an easy deal I'll give up some profit! Has to be EASY though! Cash, near my house with an informed buyer who doesn't want to jerk me around come meeting time and agreed upon price.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I want to sell two like new Tops knives.

1. Tops Surv-Tac 7

2. Tops Armageddon

Is there a better place than the classifieds here?

I"d be interested in the Surv-Tac.

i have a large knife collection also id like to downsize

Glen Smit, of Wolf's Knives, has a few tables' worth of pointy goodness at most of the local shows, with a mix of new and good condition used knives, in addition to his own pieces. So, he might be a good resource.

https://www.facebook.com/WolfsKnives

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've bought a few knives from Blade Forums, but I think you have to pay a fee to be able to sell there. No fee for buyers.

I think the basic membership level if you want to sell is $30/yr.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Be careful on Blade Forums, there are some great folk, and others... Watch out for the "others". I've had my best luck on eBay, although I despise their politics. Always end eBay auctions at about 20:00 on Sunday evenings EST, seems to garner the best "last minute" bids.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Be careful on Blade Forums, there are some great folk, and others... Watch out for the "others". I've had my best luck on eBay, although I despise their politics. Always end eBay auctions at about 20:00 on Sunday evenings EST, seems to garner the best "last minute" bids.

Excellent advice - that is exactly what I used to do when I sold on ebay...

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Very timely thread...

I buy a lot via some focused FB threads. Have sole some on bladeforums, and never used eBay to sell. Many knives don’t hold their value well in the secondary market so mandatory %s make it hard to get the value out of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I buy and sell a lot through the various Facebook groups, there is probably a group for every type and brand of knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom