• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Has anyone had one of the cocking tabs fall or break off? It literally dropped off after function testing it on my stock frame, without any rounds fired. Never been an issue on the slide the came with the pistol, although they're a little loose. The rear sight is supposed to keep them from drifting out the channel in the slide.

I recently purchased an optics-ready slide for my VP9 and posted a link in case someone else was looking for one, as HK listed them as out of stock.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=259021

Scopelist is now out of stock and doesn't know if they will receive more anytime soon. They offered to let me return the slide for refund or contact HK about remedying the situation.

HK suggested drifting the rear slide and re-installing the tab, if I still had it, which I do, or send it back to them on my dime and they will fix it? Apparently, this is a known issue, so it irritates me to have to pay the return shipping for an improper factory installation.
    https://www.hkpro.com/threads/vp9-charging-support-missing.215470/

Attachments

• HK Slide Tab.jpg
      HK Slide Tab.jpg
      83.8 KB · Views: 142

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Pop the other one off and forget about it. That's what I would do. For me they certainly are not imperative to me operating the pistol. But it's not my pistol.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Pop the other one off and forget about it. That's what I would do. For me they certainly are not imperative to me operating the pistol. But it's not my pistol.

That's certainly one way to go. Apparently, HK also makes or made flush tabs to replace them with for people who don't like the extra width at the back of the slide but don't want the vacant vertical channels in the slide. If it was a duty gun or one I was apt to carry, removing them might make more sense, as I could see them potentially coming off from a drop or bumping on something while holstered.

I decided to let HK re-install it and sucked up the shipping back. I don't necessarily need the tabs, as none of my other non-HK pistols have them, but I am now in the habit of using them on the VP9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom