• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Now that we have a change of government in VA, I am thinking there will be less panic buying and a better overall experience, so I might be going.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Now that we have a change of government in VA, I am thinking there will be less panic buying and a better overall experience, so I might be going.

Agree, but that won’t kick in until next year. Look for the current regime to toss a few legal/regulatory/executive grenades back through the door on their way out.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Agree, but that won’t kick in until next year. Look for the current regime to toss a few legal/regulatory/executive grenades back through the door on their way out.

No. I don’t think so, every democrat still holding a seat in the state house will be moving to the center, if they want to stay in office.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    No. I don’t think so, every democrat still holding a seat in the state house will be moving to the center, if they want to stay in office.

Thinking more the executive than the legislative arena - agree that the state legislators are feeling highly motivated to change their atmospherics.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Panic buying has to do with the future
    The future is Republican control of VA

Panic for state laws in Va should be on pause.

There is also a shift happening federally with the centrist Dems not wanting to step on Republican toes. Never underestimate Worse but the mindset of many people see things better for 2A. Whether that be real or not, it’s perception.

I see prices flattening out yet some sales volume dropping at that show. Any price drops would happen later in 2022

But you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    With a whole new crew of gun-grabbing Leftists coming to Annapolis next year, it's Marylanders who ought to be in panic buying mode in Chantilly.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    With a whole new crew of gun-grabbing Leftists coming to Annapolis next year, it's Marylanders who ought to be in panic buying mode in Chantilly.

One would hope that after the results of the Virginia and NJ off year elections that MD democrat politicians would take note and back off the lefty rhetoric a bit. Will voters in Anne Arundel, Howard, Frederick and Charles counties follow the path of some suburban VA counties that voted for Biden by a wide margin only to tilt back to red.

One can only hope.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    One would hope that after the results of the Virginia and NJ off year elections that MD democrat politicians would take note and back off the lefty rhetoric a bit. Will voters in Anne Arundel, Howard, Frederick and Charles counties follow the path of some suburban VA counties that voted for Biden by a wide margin only to tilt back to red.

One can only hope.

I don't think so, and what choices are there? Franchot or Perez for Governor, and O'Mao II for AG? Dumais is out of the MGA and on the bench in MoCo, so some other Leftist will get her committee assignments and leadership role, wanting to make a mark. Maryland was farther down the road to Serfdom than even Virginia, and is a goner.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I don't think so, and what choices are there? Franchot or Perez for Governor, and O'Mao II for AG? Dumais is out of the MGA and on the bench in MoCo, so some other Leftist will get her committee assignments and leadership role, wanting to make a mark. Maryland was farther down the road to Serfdom than even Virginia, and is a goner.

Maybe we have an aspiring truck driver here with $159 to spend.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Maryland was farther down the road to Serfdom than even Virginia, and is a goner.

Yup, that's the difference. Virginia's trip down the woke, lefty rabbit hole is fairly recent, and they were able - for the moment - to claw their way back out. The controlling counties in Maryland have been deep into crazy lefty territory for decades, now.

This is an important distinction. Because generationally, the MoCo/HoCo types don't find the crazy language and lefty-isms of that political camp to sound as crazy as they actually are. Even the right-leaning small minority in Maryland are used to seeing and hearing and having to live with the insanity. It's like the local weather: it just IS, now. But it's still relatively new in Virginia, and newly re-motivated rational people in that state could see around and through it and just acted to tamp it back down.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

There are really any new crew, since no one was elected this year. There have been a couple of replacements, but nothing near a "whole new crew".

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Anyone that replaces her will not end up with her leadership role, not enough time in office, nor will they end up with her committee seat as Vice Chair, in Economic Matters Committee, again, same reason, not enough time in office and not enough seniority for either one.

Ssblugsr

Feb 25, 2019
    I hope this red wave trend puts these Maryland Dems in check and pauses any left agendas they want to pass in Maryland for now. One can only hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom