Any other "EZ" SA pistols beside Shield EZ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Wife has a M&P Shield EZ 9mm, she enjoys it and shoots with a women's group.
    But would prefer something with more capacity, the EZ is 8+1 single stack.
    And she wants a better trigger and possibly optics ready.
    I was thinking maybe the shield plus? but how does the effort to rack it compare to the EZ?
    beside racking,, is loading the mags,, hand loading my M&P 2.0 mag is a no go for her.
    Sheis no pencilneck,, she's 6' and works a manual job,,

Any suggestions on upgrading from the EZ?
    Looking for a compact with 11-13 capacity, upgraded trigger, and relatively easy to load and rack

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Wife has a M&P Shield EZ 9mm, she enjoys it and shoots with a women's group.
    But would prefer something with more capacity, the EZ is 8+1 single stack.
    And she wants a better trigger and possibly optics ready.
    I was thinking maybe the shield plus? but how does the effort to rack it compare to the EZ?
    beside racking,, is loading the mags,, hand loading my M&P 2.0 mag is a no go for her.
    Sheis no pencilneck,, she's 6' and works a manual job,,

Any suggestions on upgrading from the EZ?
    Looking for a compact with 11-13 capacity, upgraded trigger, and relatively easy to load and rack

Is it a range toy, or will she be carrying?

Mrs. Occam has been shooting mostly long guns and some revolvers all her life, but wanted an "easy" semi to learn with. Got a S&W EZ ... which is indeed a ***** cat. BUT: later got her a nice CZ 75-variant pistol, all steel. Higher capacity, and the extra mass makes shooting it a breeze. A few hundred rounds into its life with her, and she racks it like a pro. Loads mags easily enough, but if her thumbs are tired, just uses a Maglula and never looks back. She loves that pistol, now. Will gladly shoot anything else I trot out, and is perfectly capable with Glock-ish things, but now considers a sturdy steel semi to be The Way.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    My 4' 10" (Hobbit Sized) Wife has no problem self- loading my HK VP9 mags. The "tabs" HK has on the rear of the receiver make racking easier for her too. We have a couple Maglula loaders that help when the rounds start adding up. We bought her a SW EZ in 9mm for her 'stash at home' pistol though.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Walther CCP M2 is what the wife has and I like it a lot myself. Until then all she would shoot is a few .22's I bought for her.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    What about adding a slide racker to a full sized pistol?

People use them on competition guns all the time to make racking easier.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I first thought "EZ, what a great idea!" I now believe that it was a great idea with dismal execution. And ultimately, you just can't cheat physics.

I would only recommend them for very limited use, buy it, shoot a box or two, clean it, load it and put it away, and only then as a choice of last resort for folks with very limited hand strength, and no interest in recreational shooting with one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom