• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I don't have as many as AmmoJon, so you should probably listen to him. Of the ones I have, I always come back to the G19X. The 19X is by far the best of the lot. Fits great in the hand, great sights, my best shooter. That said, I also have a Sig365 which is making me seriously consider a 320.

The 19X is my favorite Glock. I have recently gotten into Sigs and I love what great shooters they are. The P365s are amazing and I have picked up two P320s over the last two months, one an XCompact and the other a Xfive Legion.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    FYI, 19X and 45 are the same thing (except 19X is tan and has a retainer loop). Don't pay extra for a 19X if you don't need to.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I have a G19, but it is usually paired with a G17 mag with a grip extension. Fits my hand better that way.

Guess I could have bought a G45, but then I wouldn't have the option of using the shorter G19 mags...

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    FYI, 19X and 45 are the same thing (except 19X is tan and has a retainer loop). Don't pay extra for a 19X if you don't need to.
    Yeah that’s a good point. I forgot that the 45 is cheaper than the 19x. Whichever one you choose, the slightly shorter slide with the longer grip is nice. If you want to join the Sig P320 cult, those shoot well too.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co

Sorry to quibble, but sights, width and weight are different...and it's coyote. Besides that the lanyard loop is unique. :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The 19X is probably more collectable long-term due to its history with the MHS program, but I agree that the 45 is the better gun.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    The 19X is probably more collectable long-term due to its history with the MHS program, but I agree that the 45 is the better gun.

I mean, it wasn't selected.. so...

And people actually "collect" plastic guns? :lol2:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Surprised Glock hasn’t released another configuration of the 26 frame with 19 grip yet, that’s a popular mag length on the 26 with magazine sleeves. Nevertheless my $0.02 for a range toy would be a G17 as it is the easiest to shoot accurately, I used mine to qualify with for CCW and scored very well. Currently I’m a 17, 26, and 43x owner in Glock 9mm’s, can’t really go wrong with any of them, my only gripe in the single stack is the lack of interchangeability with the mags to other platforms as I’ve also got a Sub 2K and Ruger PCC that share their various magazines.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I mean, it wasn't selected.. so...

And people actually "collect" plastic guns? :lol2:
    Guns with military program origin tend to have some collectability in the long run IF they are not mass-produced in crazy numbers. Unclear if that's the case for the 19X. Obviously, the Sig M17/M18 is going to be somewhat less valuable in the long run.

Also, our very own Ammo Jon is an infamous collector of C-variant plastic fantastics...

Surprised Glock hasn’t released another configuration of the 26 frame with 19 grip yet, that’s a popular mag length on the 26 with magazine sleeves.
    The reason is that the industry knows (or has decided, anyways) that the future of subcompacts like that is in stagger and/or single stack platforms. Sig got a jump on this by not only releasing a stagger stack ahead of most manufacturers, but they made it modular like the P320. So you can customize your P365 to your heart's content as well. A P365X plus a regular short P365 grip gives you everything you could want out of a concealed carry pistol. If Maryland ever decides to recognize our rights, I'd certainly be carrying one.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    calicojack, you poor son of a gun, you knew in advance you would get a different (and often nonsensical) answer from each poster. :rolleyes:

Frankly, for a range toy, a G34 MOS seems as perfect as you could get, I hope you snag one, put a good RMR on it and go have fun. I've had every one that others have suggested, the 17L is just too unwieldy (but neat), the G34 points well and is a fine gun. :D

Please note, however, that because it is "too long", it's totally incapable of being carried concealed, or open carried, and will not protect your home and family, again, because it's not a G19 or 17... ...and it's just plain too long... :sad20:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    A P365X plus a regular short P365 grip gives you everything you could want out of a concealed carry pistol. If Maryland ever decides to recognize our rights, I'd certainly be carrying one.

P365 is one of the easiest to carry comfortably I’d agree, I alternate between that and the 26 or 43x. I shoot the 26 best of the three though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    calicojack, you poor son of a gun, you knew in advance you would get a different (and often nonsensical) answer from each poster. :rolleyes:

Frankly, for a range toy, a G34 MOS seems as perfect as you could get, I hope you snag one, put a good RMR on it and go have fun. I've had every one that others have suggested, the 17L is just too unwieldy (but neat), the G34 points well and is a fine gun. :D

Please note, however, that because it is "too long", it's totally incapable of being carried concealed, or open carried, and will not protect your home and family, again, because it's not a G19 or 17... ...and it's just plain too long... :sad20:
    The 17L is a poor choice because there's no MOS variant, the holster situation is bad, and it's completely illegal for USPSA/IDPA competition usage.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    For a range gun, most of the differences in models doesn't really matter. I'm not a huge fan of the G34, most aftermarket builders are expensive, and a Sig X5 or VP9 Match absolutely smoke the factory 34. For a practical gun, the 19 is my favorite, the factory grip is a hair small for my hands, but adding a Magpul magwell makes it perfect. Slimline guns loose capacity, but can gain it back with aftermarket mags. The 17 is great for those with XL hands, but doesn't have the snug fit and feel of the 19 for most IMO. Even the 26 is a pretty decent pistol, add GAP floorplates and/or Xgrip sleeves/19 mags and it ends up with a really comfortable compact grip that is really controllable, the rounded heel with Xgrip mags and slightly longer frontstrap length compared to a 19 actually makes it more comfortable for many than the 19 itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom