• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I bought one on Monday. I took it out and shot it Tuesday at the range. Most of my handloads would not eject. They kept getting stuck before the went out of the gun. The handloads worked fine in my Remington R1 and my Ruger American ACP guns.

Any ideas on what's up with this?

Last edited:

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Probably loaded too light. You need to try factory loaded ammo before anything and placing blame anywhere at all.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I carried one for 2 years when they first became available in md. Easy shooter considering weight and caliber. Never failed with any factory ammo. Did drop the mag once in a while or the slide failed to lock back on last rd fired. Sent it to sw for a looksee, but fault could have been mine. Sanded the left grip. Liked it a lot but went in a different direction.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    You were right about the ammo. I tried some factory ammo and the gun shot OK. I need to load some heavier loads and try them out next.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I carried one for 2 years when they first became available in md. Easy shooter considering weight and caliber. Never failed with any factory ammo. Did drop the mag once in a while or the slide failed to lock back on last rd fired. Sent it to sw for a looksee, but fault could have been mine. Sanded the left grip. Liked it a lot but went in a different direction.

Same here. Nice CCW, but I transitioned to a Sig P365. It is thin, easy to carry and soft shooter considering it's a .45 polymer. Accurate too. Never had a failure to feed.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I used my handloads with the max load this week. I hit the target from about 15 feet near the bullseye. I did have one misfire but that was a bad load. I love this gun! I was practicing shooting after taking the gun from my IWB holster. Not really trying for accuracy.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    My shield has done just fine with commercial loads i tried. It also handled Georgia Arms +P hollow points without a problem.

For a lighter load I have had good functioning with Winchester 185gr Silvertips.

After your gun has broken in a bit maybe those lighter handloads would work.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Just curious but why are you shooting handloads in a subcompact carry gun? I'm assuming it's for carry and not range use or you'd have gotten a bigger gun? I would just shoot commercial ammo out if it for practice and for carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom