100 yard zero

Attachments

• 350lg 180.jpg
      350lg 180.jpg
      46.8 KB · Views: 142

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I am really eager to see how the Win 160s and 180s work on deer. Post results!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have 80 rounds (4 unopened boxes) and 10 rounds in an opened box I will sell to you for what I payed or trade.

Of the power max 160s or 180s?

Also what scopes are you guys using?

I have the vortex diamondback tactical and while the scope is good the crosshairs get lost at 50-60 yards.

They are great at 25 and 100 but weirdly get lost at 50

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Of the power max 160s or 180s?

Also what scopes are you guys using?

I have the vortex diamondback tactical and while the scope is good the crosshairs get lost at 50-60 yards.

They are great at 25 and 100 but weirdly get lost at 50

The 180s.
    My scope so far is a Vortex 1-8.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    We shot around 10 deer with Ruger Americans using Winchester 180 power points, 150 XP, and Hornady 170 whitetail. All went right through the deer, most were close and a few far out to 213 yards, some big and little deer, all the bullets did a good bit of damage but not excessive, shot through bones and ribs, all the deer died within reasonable distances, heart shot went less than 30 yards, lungs a little farther, one shot in the liver went 70 yards with blood to follow. Haven't lost any nor had to shoot again.
    I shot a lot of deer with my 308 over 35 years. Factory Federal 150 did too much damage but shot good. I handloaded a lighter load first a 125 Remington soft point then later a Barnes 130 copper that I like using 42.2 IMR 4895.
    I would consider the 350 just about ideal for most deer hunting.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Found these stuck to the hide @ the exit wound. Looked like it hit a rib going in, got a piece of the backbone then exited, barely. Deer dropped in its tracks. This was about a 70 yard shot, 150 g Winchester deer season.

A66575C4-1268-47EB-B3B9-A2FDED4BA035.jpg

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I refuse to buy or use a cartridge that was created due to arbitrary government laws.

350 legend is a compromise. it is inhumane to the animal, and expensive to feed.

If I hunted, I think id rather poach. (I don't hunt).

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I refuse to buy or use a cartridge that was created due to arbitrary government laws.

350 legend is a compromise. it is inhumane to the animal, and expensive to feed.

Not sure about inhumane, I’ve killed 2, shooting each with 1 shot. One dropped where I shot it, and the other ran maybe 20 yards, and dropped. I like my 350 so far.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I've killed 5 deer so far. One medium buck, a medium doe, and a few smaller ones. All were pass-through (under 100 yds).

4/5 dropped where I shot it. The 5th ran about 60 yds.

No complaints.

More expensive than slugs. The tradeoff is much better accuracy. Plus its just so much cooler to open carry my suppressed AR15 EBR in Marylandstan.

I would not hesitate to use this on bigger game either. Anything I'd would use 30-30 or 300blk for, Id use this as well.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    EXPENSIVE?

What expensive? This hunting ammo last September a year ago before all this ammo shortage BS was going for $20 a box! $1 a round compared to $5.50 a round for saboted slugs that were developed to arbitrary government laws.
    Slugs are hard to find now too.
    The 350 Legend is a good round albeit a specialized round.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    What expensive? This hunting ammo last September a year ago before all this ammo shortage BS was going for $20 a box! $1 a round compared to $5.50 a round for saboted slugs that were developed to arbitrary government laws.
    Slugs are hard to find now too.
    The 350 Legend is a good round albeit a specialized round.

Yes- my 3” Winchester sabots were almost $5 per round the last time I stocked up 3 years ago. The 350s are very reasonable in today’s market.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland

ROFL... ok Fudd, go back to your bench rest at the range please.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County

Ok throwing my .02 cents in.

Most hunters love the outdoors, and will comply with the "Arbitrary laws" to get out into the field. That being said, the 350 Legend fills a great big need.

It allows for more precise accuracy over a slug gun, has ballistics that match or exceeds the 30-30 Winchester, which has probably killed more game in the nation compared to all other "non compromise calibers", and does this with 25-30 percent less felt recoil over the slug guns. This opens up more opportunities to youngsters, ladies, and recoil sensitive adults. The 350 Legend also has 145 grain FMJ practice ammo that hovers around 19.99-21.00 a box for 20 rounds which is in line with "non compromise" ammunition.

This makes it more enjoyable to shoot, less flinching, and practice making the shooters more skilled in their shooting ability, and confidence, makes for a more humane harvest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom