• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    https://smile.amazon.com/G-P-S-T161...G2RO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Searched MDshooters for range bag discussions, and picked this up from Bigdaddy based on one of those discussions.

This appears to be a quality purpose-made 3 pistol range bag.
    The 3 pistol pouches have a cushioned pistol pocket, an interior area, and 5 mag pockets.
    The pistol pockets are tight, but fit typical glock, beretta 92 size pistols, but definitely not a pistol with a red dot. Use the mag pouches, and the 3 pistol pouches won't fit back in the range bag.
    Very disappointed with this design flaw and especially at this price.
    Also Bigdaddy won't accept returns on opened items, as I found out from their CS.

Beware of both this product and Bigdaddy
    I also reached out to the manufacturer and got no response

Last edited:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    https://smile.amazon.com/G-P-S-T161...G2RO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Searched MDshooters for range bag discussions, and picked this up from Bigdaddy based on one of those discussions.

This appears to be a quality purpose-made 3 pistol range bag.
    The 3 pistol pouches have a cushioned pistol pocket, an interior area, and 5 mag pockets.
    The pistol pockets are tight, but fit typical glock, beretta 92 size pistols, but definitely not a pistol with a red dot. Use the mag pouches, and the 3 pistol pouches won't fit back in the range bag.
    Very disappointed with this design flaw and especially at this price.
    Also Bigdaddy won't accept returns on opened items, as I found out from their CS.

Beware of both this product and Bigdaddy

Ignore

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The only tactical crap I’ve ever purchased that weren’t just pure crap would be my baby diaper carrier and some sportsman guide soft rifle cases.

For a regular range bag buy cheap soft iPad cases. They are soft felt lined and have a pocket for mags. These don’t work for large frame revolvers though. I put everything in a waterproof duffle from RTIC (doubles as a duck hunting blind bag).

Edit: i do have a proper brand backpack that has held up really well.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Get a 5.11 range bag and don’t look back. I’ve had mine for 8-9 years and routinely load it up with 3-5 handguns and 300+ rounds of ammo and have never had an issue. It’s used every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    I bought one of these in the summer of 2015 and it's still soldiering on for me...having said that my wife did have to repair some of the stitching at the seems that tore, plus repair a hole made by a muzzle brake of an AR when I used it as a rest for sighting in once. I hit the range at least once a week, sometimes twice. Each trip this will have at least two pistols with a half a dozen loaded mags each, plus more ammo in the main compartment, plus 3-4 rifle mags and another couple of boxes of ammo.....sometimes more. It always has a tool kit, lead wipes, a gun shot kit, CAT, a dozen inner ears, eye pro, plus assorted odds and ends like band aids and batteries. The only mod I made to it was to put some red paracord on the zippers so they were easy to find.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J5TY7G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But, when I bought it the price was on a little over $40...now it's over $70.....not sure I would go with it at that price. Prior to that I had always used Galls duty bags, still have a half a dozen in the attic, they were big and roomy and easy to carry but were not as good at organizing as this one and the 5.11 bag rbird is talking about.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Thanks for the responses and suggestions.
    Today I ended up using the same 10-year-old duffle bag, with a 20-year-old range bag inside, that worked fine for the past 5 years. I like the idea of supporting "made in the USA" stuff, buying it from Pro-2A companies, but expect both to stand behind their products. Been trying to limit my Amazon purchases, as not a fan of the owner's world vision, but look at the reviews posted there. Starting to think those reviews are a little skewed. How many times do I need to relearn "the law of diminishing returns" and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".... :sad20:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    D*mn! LuckyGunner had two very nice versions of Blackhawk range bags on Clearance all of this year for ridiculously low clearance prices (iirc along the lines of $9 and $13) all this year and up to a week ago. Buuuuuuut, I just went over to copy and paste the links here and they are back up to $30 and $40 each …. based on the quantities they still had on hand just last week I can only assume they moved them from clearance back to regular prices ahead of holiday shoppers.

Perhaps they’ll be back on their “Specials” page after the holidays … https://www.luckygunner.com/ammo-deals?dir=asc&order=cost_per_round

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    If you purchased it through Amazon it should be easy to return through Amazon. When I looked at the link you provided it says “prime with free returns”. I would skip dealing with the manufacturer and deal directly with Amazon for the return.
    I haven’t finished my first cup of coffee so if my reading comprehension failed me and you tried Amazon, disregard what I have written.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I have a Gunmate range bag; fits my CW 40s and the .500 S&W BFR, has several removable pads, and many compartments. It will even fit a any large frame revolver with scope.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have a Gunmate range bag; fits my CW 40s and the .500 S&W BFR, has several removable pads, and many compartments. It will even fit a any large frame revolver with scope.

Me too. For 24 years. Its small but holds 2 handguns, enough ammo, eyes and ears, stapler, some tools and shows no signs of wear.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/857744/Targus-156-to-173-CityGear-Overnight/

857744_o53_et_4149788

I use one of these that I used to have for going to the office. I prefer not to have to pick up all the weight when it's full of ammo for a range trip. It also has the advantage of not looking tacticool.

Last edited:

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    If you purchased it through Amazon it should be easy to return through Amazon. When I looked at the link you provided it says “prime with free returns”. I would skip dealing with the manufacturer and deal directly with Amazon for the return.
    I haven’t finished my first cup of coffee so if my reading comprehension failed me and you tried Amazon, disregard what I have written.

Nope, purchased it through Bigdaddy to support a Pro-2A company.
    They don't let you review products, so I posted one on Amazon to put a warning out there for the next person.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads