• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Only somewhat recently. It was going down last year and then started going back up. At a guess, that darned election and insurrection in the Capitol had something to do with that on top of multiple stimuluses.

My first can two years ago went through in 9 months. Last can went through in 7 months. Currently on just over 5 months for this new one. Back in the summer after I got my last can wait times were going from 6-8 months and creeping up. End of the summer they were looking more like 8-10 months. Last few weeks they look like they are around 9-11 months now. Which makes me a bit worried it’ll be more like 12-13 months by the time we start getting in to late spring 2021 form 4s.
    I guess it’s somewhat relative. 2 years ago I had 3 come back the same day. 2 were 5 months and 1 was 3 months. Since then they’ve been climbing to today I just got 2 back that were 9 months.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It is a really stupid distinction that gets confused easily. It is almost criminal that they have to print everything out and mail it to the ATF. But it matters since an electronically signed paper Form 4 from SilencerShop takes about the same amount of time as anything else, whereas the eForm4 process should be similar in wait times to eForm1. So 0-3 months instead of 6-24 months. If anyone ever succeeds in forcing the ATF to stop stalling.

This could be simplified to the point that a week or so would be sufficient to do a background check and issue a stamp.

If the government wanted to do so.

Some European countries sell suppressors over the counter; some forbid their possession. It seems to make no difference regarding outcomes. Just another way to let you know who's boss.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Exactly. The appropriate way to do it is when you are getting antsy on waiting for your last can, order your next one.

Trickiest part to me about the buying process is trying to read through the half truths and gimmicks most suppressor manufacturers feed us about modularity/universal compatibility.

I wanna know what I can use a suppressor for out of the box, not listen to how great one is , but I’ve got to spend 500 dollars to make it work.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’m sure other dealers offer help like SilencerShop but thats the only company I’ve dealt with. I’ve called them several times to talk about the many different options of installing and barrel adapters. They have always been very helpful.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Trickiest part to me about the buying process is trying to read through the half truths and gimmicks most suppressor manufacturers feed us about modularity/universal compatibility.

I wanna know what I can use a suppressor for out of the box, not listen to how great one is , but I’ve got to spend 500 dollars to make it work.
    Other than the QD muzzle device that runs about 70 bucks, YHM is very open about what their rifle cans will do right out of the box.

YHM is also very open about their pistol caliber cans, too.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Other than the QD muzzle device that runs about 70 bucks, YHM is very open about what their rifle cans will do right out of the box.

YHM is also very open about their pistol caliber cans, too.
    Right until someone has a baffle strike/small kaboom due to tolerance stacking between their can and a Dead Air mounting system. They did end up fixing it for the guy, but for $200 and an admonition that they don’t warranty their cans unless you use their mounts. Which at the time, was not printed anywhere in their warranty.

Not saying this makes their warranty bad, just that they need to communicate that fact better up front. A can that has the Omega threads in back tends to be purchased to swap several mounts around, not convert from YHM Direct thread to YHM QD.

At any rate, this is why I tend to stick with non modular thread silencers unless its a brand like Dead Air, Rex Silentium, etc. and you know that you will be taken care of no matter what.

PainAndGain

Dec 22, 2019
    Going to hit 9 months wait on Friday since check was cashed. Anyone with late February early March pending dates get their cans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom