• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    If you absolutely can't get your AR mags in another state, one option is to get some Hexmag 10/30 magazines, and some standard capacity mag replacement springs. Then drive to a free state, take out the Hexmag spacer and short spring, and install the 30rd spring. Done. Not perfect, but one possible work around.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    About 40 odd years ago the ATF used to follow people from liquor stores in DC to Virginia and arrest them for illegal transport of liquor.

I never heard of BATF doing that.

But I do remember VA State police staking out Plain Ole Pierson's in Georgetown and radioing any VA license plates to others who stopped them in VA.

The store called the DC cops and had the VA cops arrested for loitering. :D

BIG story in WashPost.

But the end result was that the VA ABC stores lowered their prices to more reasonable levels.

But in the case of mags, buying out of state and bringing back is not breaking anyone's laws. Legal in MD and all the surrounding states.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    If you are really concerned that the MSP would track your IP address then use a VPN….

Jumped in to say this...

Also, I highly doubt there are enough technical savvy people in MSP that are going to sit around all day trying to track the IP's, I also doubt that they have proper equipment for all that.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Has anyone EVER been charged with ordering mags online in MD and having them delivered to an out of state address?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I never heard of BATF doing that.

But I do remember VA State police staking out Plain Ole Pierson's in Georgetown and radioing any VA license plates to others who stopped them in VA.

The store called the DC cops and had the VA cops arrested for loitering. :D

BIG story in WashPost.

But the end result was that the VA ABC stores lowered their prices to more reasonable levels.

But in the case of mags, buying out of state and bringing back is not breaking anyone's laws. Legal in MD and all the surrounding states.

When I was working at USDA at 14th and Independence in the late 70's and early 80's we used to lunch at Normandy Liquors in SE. Nothing like a 40 for lunch.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When I was working at USDA at 14th and Independence in the late 70's and early 80's we used to lunch at Normandy Liquors in SE. Nothing like a 40 for lunch.

Not at the Executive Board Room? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom