• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK, so go back 13 years to 2008 (instead of 13 seconds) and tell us what single C&R purchase that were available back or even after that on the surplus market that are not available now. You know, that cheap gun from AIM, Coles, SOG or Samco etc. for example that dried up and the prices went through the roof.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    OK, so go back 13 years to 2008 (instead of 13 seconds) and tell us what single C&R purchase that were available back or even after that on the surplus market that are not available now. You know, that cheap gun from AIM, Coles, SOG or Samco etc. for example that dried up and the prices went through the roof.

Back to 1989 or so B&B Guns in N. Hollywood CA. A Dragunov with scope, suitcase to hold it (I think broken down to a degree) and bring back papers from Vietnam. $1300.00 OTD. That was big money then; for me anyhow, so I passed.

Always wondered where that one got off to.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I recall seeing a Bavarian Rural Police stamped M1 carbine in that era. Should have grabbed it.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I was just starting high school, but convinced my dad to get a $99 mosin at a gun show probably in 2009. I had a job and the first thing I bought when I turned 18 was an M1 carbine at one of the Frederick shows. The things I wish I knew back then…

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    2008? The day the polling average in NC flipped to Obama+1, I went to my LGS and bought the Yugo SKS. I figured the way things were headed, there was going to be a rush on scary-looking guns. I don't see too many now, for love or money.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    $89.00 Chinese SKS

What year was this?
    I did pick up 2 of the $199 Royal Tiger SKS and only 1 had a crack stock which I repaired.

Just before RT sold those, a Chinese SKS in cosmo was going for $400 each.
    I think that was around 2014 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom