• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darnold86

Sep 13, 2020
    Has anyone had any luck asking a company who says they don't want to ship to Maryland to remove the 30 rounder and then ship? The rifle is not banned here so no sure any other reason they don't want to ship here.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Just because YOU SAY it's not banned, doesn't mean the seller will a)believe you or b)bother to do the research needed to verify it.

It's somewhat still a sellers market so unsurprisingly, sellers just say no to MD.

the time to check on their MD policy is before you buy. Usually they are explicit "we don't ship to MD (NJ, etc)"

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yes and some companies will also ship magazines to an alternate out of state address where you could legally pick it up

Others don't want to mess with it

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    There are many ammo suppliers and firearms distributors that simply wont try to do it. If there is any gray area that is in question then they just dont ship. Can you blame them just because we have sad politicians that made shitty laws. Most wont ship anything to places like California or New York. I have bought a VZ58 shipped here but they kept the 30 round mag at the FFL. Same with an upper I ordered in 6.8SPC. It came with a 30 round mag for some reason and the FFL took it out of box and kept it. Maybe look at a different supplier? Just saying

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    MD rifle laws are especially confusing. Apparently the MDSP site is sometimes not even correct. If the MDSP don't even know, why as a random seller would I take the risk when I can sell to 20 million other people.

If you can get the MD FFL taking the transfer to email them, "yes its legal, " that's your best shot. But then, if I were a MD FFL, I probably just offer to sell you the rifle if I could.

Darnold86

Sep 13, 2020
    There are many ammo suppliers and firearms distributors that simply wont try to do it. If there is any gray area that is in question then they just dont ship. Can you blame them just because we have sad politicians that made shitty laws. Most wont ship anything to places like California or New York. I have bought a VZ58 shipped here but they kept the 30 round mag at the FFL. Same with an upper I ordered in 6.8SPC. It came with a 30 round mag for some reason and the FFL took it out of box and kept it. Maybe look at a different supplier? Just saying

Yeah I know you can buy the gun in MD. It's a LWRC, you can just get them much cheaper online than I'm seeing at my FFL at least.

Sirex