• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Dr. Mehmet Oz has announced he will be running as a Republican, to try to fill the seat being vacated by retiring PA Senator Pat Toomey.

He will discuss with Hannity tonight.

May 13, 2005
    Dang, was hoping the Prince of Darkness himself was running. I'd vote for him in a second just to watch him interact with the polits

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Sean Parnell was going to run.

He lost a custody battle and decided it was more important to him to fight for access to his kids. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Dr. Mehmet Oz has announced he will be running as a Republican, to try to fill the seat being vacated by retiring PA Senator Pat Toomey.

He will discuss with Hannity tonight.

But is he a legit conservative or would he be another efn' RINO? Don't trust anybody these days.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Dang, was hoping the Prince of Darkness himself was running. I'd vote for him in a second just to watch him interact with the polits

I think the Prince of Darkness already has a strong foothold in DC.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Shitstick is an inmate of NJ. Using a relatives (mother?) address in PA to run for senator. IMHO, this RINO needs to go back across the river and stay.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Dr. Oz is on the Hannity radio show right now. He said he is very pro-second Amendment, he owns several guns and has a concealed carry permit. Hannity did bring up red flag laws but I think they got sidetracked and he did not answer, he did not dodge the question though. Is pro-life, with three exceptions, I believe it was rape incest and the health of the mother. Seems to be a constitutionalist and says he would appoint constitutional judges to the bench if he had the power to. He also does not want to raise taxes. He is for energy Independence.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    https://nypost.com/2021/11/30/sen-candidate-dr-oz-america-in-crisis-but-the-prognosis-is-good/

“Flattening the curve metastasized into authoritarian overreach,” said Oz of the COVID-19 lockdown. “They’re treating the same overreach with the Omicron … I think these choices should be yours.”

Oz told host Sean Hannity the tenants to his politics were supporting capitalism and low taxes, energy independence, the constitution and small government.

“Any government that’s large enough to give you everything is large enough to take it away,” the candidate said.

The son of Turkish immigrants also promised to reinvigorate what he called the country’s “can-do spirit” and “divine spark,” which he said inspired him to live the “American dream.”

Legit, or he's been studying a lot of conservative catchphrases. :shrug:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Shitstick is an inmate of NJ. Using a relatives (mother?) address in PA to run for senator. IMHO, this RINO needs to go back across the river and stay.

Do you have any specific things he said in the past that make you feel that way? I've heard some things he has said that I disagreed with, but none were political in nature.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/30/sen-candidate-dr-oz-america-in-crisis-but-the-prognosis-is-good/
    Oz is a longtime New Jersey resident who registered to vote in Pennsylvania’s Montgomery County as a Republican last December, according to election records. He responded to carpetbagger accusations by saying that he has deep family ties in the state and moved back last year.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Portions of the Hannity interview are here.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-oz-pennsylvania-senate-hannity-interview-covid-economy-republican

Remember the phrase two weeks to flatten the curve? That metastasized into this terrible authoritarianism and overreaching that did not make us safer," he said.

"People with big yards told people with no yards to stay indoors because that’s where the virus was. Some closed the parks, shamed people about beaches -- and now threatening the same overreach with the Omicron [variant] …." he told Hannity.

"I think those choices should be yours, the American people's," he said, going on to praise President Trump's handling of vaccine development. "I've fought to empower my audience, my patients and now the people of Pennsylvania."

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Senate GOP Candidate Oz No Wizard When It Comes to Guns

Oz will be Toomey on steroids. When it comes to guns, he’ll be able to look at the outgoing senator and say, “Hold my beer.” Among examples it took me mere seconds to find:

Oz hosts doctors speaking out for citizen disarmament laws (“including the banning of semiautomatic firearms”) under the guise of “public health,” as if they have special and certified insights on the causes rather than dealing with the effects. Conspicuously absent is any representation from medical professionals who have actually developed expertise on the issue, like Miguel Faria and/or Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership. Then again, such exclusion is hardly surprising considering Oz got his big media break from anti-gun (but heavily bodyguarded) Oprah Winfrey.
    Oz feeds his low-information audience one-sided crap about so-called “red flag laws” without a word about due process. It’s telling that one of his guests helping him push them is the neocon Heritage Foundation’s ostensible “gun rights” expert, Amy Swearer, prompting what I find to be the most relevant question in the YouTube comment thread:

hard-pass.gif

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Do you have any specific things he said in the past that make you feel that way? I've heard some things he has said that I disagreed with, but none were political in nature.
    Nothing specific. Just a distrust of celebrities that try to get into politics and NJ in general.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom