• byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Several S&W revolvers -

Mdl 25-2 for less than $400.
    Mdl 29-2 for less than $400.
    Mdl 27 for less than $400.

Colt Python (4") for $335.00

^^^All of these were in 1979/'80.

A good friend had a Colt 1911-A1 that had been accurized by Bob Chow, that I would have loved to own.
    He wasn't looking to sell it when I had the $$$, but, offered it to me, when I was going through a divorce.

The price was really good. $500.00.
    This pistol was so 'tight', it "sang" when the slide went into battery.

daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    FNH PS90. I know I am going to catch flak on this one, but since Stargate SG-1 I have always wanted one. Strictly speaking it is not too late YET, but I just dropped my last $2k on a Tavor, so I don't have the scratch to make it happen before the ban hammer.

Only thing that kept me from buying it before was the ammo... Would have loved to pick up this and the companion handgun had I had the money to do so.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ( Disregarding the whole catagory of everything FA in 1985)( Disregarding pre-SASS era SAA's , when non-mint 1st Gen'd were considered beaters)
    There was this Tripple Lock. A canadian .455 converted to .45Colt , not a .44 , but at the time it was within $100 of what I could have swung.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The Red, Blonde and Brunette Special at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch that one 4th of July.

As for guns, plenty.

$175 M1917 Eddystone

Plenty of S&W M25, 625 and 3rd Gen Pistols

C. Sharps 1874 Sold my slot when the backorder was 14 months and then it jumped to 36.

And shouldn't have sold my Fulton Armory Garand

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Hk MP5 for $2500 in the early 90's. Belt fed m-60 in 1985 for $2500. Factory Colt M16a2 for $3500. All of these were just when I moved to the so called Free State from the People's Republic of New Jersey. I couldn't believe these things were really for sale.

Another was an A-Team style Ruger mini14 factory folder for about $500 in the early 90's at my first Timonium gun show. Wilson Combat in OD green/black for under a grand. Sweet 1960's early Springfield M1A (back when they were mostly USGI m14 parts) for about $1000. So yeah, there are quite a few I've kicked myself for NOT buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom