• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    For everyone who has received their HQL into their sweaty little hand, AND has made a purchase using it, how long did it take to have your handgun released for pickup?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Reports I have from vendors are that ND are being processed very quickly for new purchases. This means that the new purchases are being handled in a way that bypasses the backlog. Make of this what you will.

I have confirmed this with 2 vendors so far.

IP's are welcome to chime in if they wish..

andrewb

Jun 20, 2013
    For everyone who has received their HQL into their sweaty little hand, AND has made a purchase using it, how long did it take to have your handgun released for pickup?

The "Not Disapproved" for my post Oct 1 handgun purchase with the HQL came back in 4 days. I picked it up on the 8th day.

-A

andrewb

Jun 20, 2013
    Reports I have from vendors are that ND are being processed very quickly for new purchases. This means that the new purchases are being handled in a way that bypasses the backlog. Make of this what you will.

I have confirmed this with 2 vendors so far.

IP's are welcome to chime in if they wish..

I heard that there is a different group processing the new applications. I have had both a post Oct 1 purchase order and handgun application already come back.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Beautiful. Now the MSP can report that the HQL can now facilitate handgun purchases. We are our own worst enemy.

No-- they can only answer for the problem they caused with the live fire requirement.

and the failure to clear the backlog first which continues to violate federal law re nics chk

Oh and anyone who is exempt because of a purchase that is not logged may have a claim..

Now if there is no injunction and I get some money ( not much pistols are cheep ) I intend to go HQL happy. Think we can get 100k apps all in one month :)

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Beautiful. Now the MSP can report that the HQL can now facilitate handgun purchases. We are our own worst enemy.

There are still over 56,000 backlogged applications as of last Friday's report. That's tough to explain considering those 56,000 applicants did not have the benefit of an HQL when they were submitted in July.

I'm glad I have all of my purchases delivered or I'd be royally pissed. (Wait! I can't be ROYALLY pissed because we don't live on a kingdom, do we.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    There are still over 56,000 backlogged applications as of last Friday's report. That's tough to explain considering those 56,000 applicants did not have the benefit of an HQL when they were submitted in July.

I'm glad I have all of my purchases delivered or I'd be royally pissed. (Wait! I can't be ROYALLY pissed because we don't live on a kingdom, do we.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's my whole point! They can easily point out how beneficial the HQL is. It eliminates the long waiting. If only the HQL had been in place earlier those 56k applicants wouldn't have had to wait so long.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    That's my whole point! They can easily point out how beneficial the HQL is. It eliminates the long waiting. If only the HQL had been in place earlier those 56k applicants wouldn't have had to wait so long.

If the FFL would release when legally able, they would not have to wait. The FFL is the only person you can hold responsable for the wait.

andrewb

Jun 20, 2013

They can't legitimately claim it was the HQL. One of my NDs came back for an application without an HQL number. It was for an order that didn't arrive until Oct 4.

The wait time was decreased by:

(a) new staff
    (b) a drastic decrease in numbers of applications

-A

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    They can't legitimately claim it was the HQL. One of my NDs came back for an application without an HQL number. It was for an order that didn't arrive until Oct 4.

The wait time was decreased by:

(a) new staff
    (b) a drastic decrease in numbers of applications

-A

Legitimate or not, they will make the claim. It doesn't matter what we think, it only matters what the liberal judge thinks.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    If the FFL would release when legally able, they would not have to wait. The FFL is the only person you can hold responsable for the wait.

Not true. The law states that the FFL "MAY" release after 7 days if the ND is returned. It does not state that they "CAN" or "MUST". They are within their rights to choose, just as each of us is within our rights to choose not to do business with those FFL's.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    MSP is making sure that they get the handgun licenses out ASAP. They said they could have it done in under a month and they will make sure they do to avoid lawsuits. It is obvious that the license checks are getting put to the front of the line for this very reason.

If it takes them 12 months to get to your order there is no lawsuit waiting for them. The same cannot be said about the handgun license.

Although I can happily say that all my orders finally came back not disapproved. It took exactly 5 months for my lower to get through the woodwork. I won’t be purchasing anything else until the CCW law changes or SB281 is declared unconstitutional, AKA, I’m not going to be buying anything for a good long time.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Not true. The law states that the FFL "MAY" release after 7 days if the ND is returned. It does not state that they "CAN" or "MUST". They are within their rights to choose, just as each of us is within our rights to choose not to do business with those FFL's.

What do you think MAY means?

Now that you bring up the "MAY" release. Look into the LAW and find out where it says the FFL MUST give you your gun after the MSP returns the ND.

Here is a hint, you will not find it.

You cannot blame the MSP because the FFL WANTS to hold onto the gun.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    What do you think MAY means?

Now that you bring up the "MAY" release. Look into the LAW and find out where it says the FFL MUST give you your gun after the MSP returns the ND.

Here is a hint, you will not find it.

You cannot blame the MSP because the FFL WANTS to hold onto the gun.

I am not the one who blamed anyone. Your statement makes no sense. Why would the FFL not give you your gun "after the MSP returns the ND?"

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I am not the one who blamed anyone. Your statement makes no sense. Why would the FFL not give you your gun "after the MSP returns the ND?"

You are correct, I should have said "we cannot blame" SORRY.

The law does not say they MUST. My point is that we should NOT get all hung up on the MAY. The law never says they have to give the gun to you.
    So if the FFL never delivers he is within the law?

The MSP answered the MSI lawsuit by saying it is within the law to give the gun to the purchaser after the mandatory waiting period, regardless of the ND coming back or not. So they do not care if they ever return an ND again, they are not liable for the wait, it is all on the FFL.
    Now the HQL is ON the MSP, they will push them through to save face. It's a very simple game.

Last edited:

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    You're still confused. Someone was blaming the FFL's who don't release on the 8th day. I stated that they aren't required to just as we are not required to patronize them. You're saying that also applies to when they receive the ND. Not exactly. If you paid for a firearm and you are cleared to receive it, they must either release it to you or return your money. Otherwise it's theft. We don't need a law to state they MUST release it to you after the ND, that's just ridiculous.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Why isn't it theft right now if they keep it for 6 months, when the law says they MAY release it?

Don't get all hung up on the MAY part of the law is my point.

Many dealers are releasing after the 7th day, none have lost their FFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom