• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    The "May" release allows the FFL the discretion not to release if there is any question in the FFL's mind that you shouldn't have the gun. Perhaps you demonstrated aberrant behavior or something. Any FFL at this point that holds the gun beyond seven days does so because he doesn't trust you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Why isn't it theft right now if they keep it for 6 months, when the law says they MAY release it?

Don't get all hung up on the MAY part of the law is my point.

Many dealers are releasing after the 7th day, none have lost their FFL.

Because MAY release means they don't have to, why is this so hard for you to understand?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    The "May" release allows the FFL the discretion not to release if there is any question in the FFL's mind that you shouldn't have the gun. Perhaps you demonstrated aberrant behavior or something. Any FFL at this point that holds the gun beyond seven days does so because he doesn't trust you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

For some it's a blanket policy. For me it's a blanket policy not to spend my money with them.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    That's my whole point! They can easily point out how beneficial the HQL is. It eliminates the long waiting. If only the HQL had been in place earlier those 56k applicants wouldn't have had to wait so long.

Sorry that's not even worth discussion...

The 77r is the same. All that changed is nothing. It makes a 18 USC claim stronger...

Now as I said do you think we can generate 100k applications in one month.. I do so wait for the court to decide its OK as long as x and then worry about x. 100k applications in one month.

It can be done if we are forced to be Lic to exercise a right.. ;)

Watchful waiting....

Last edited:

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Let me start over, the whole Dealer does NOT have to release is the LAW. WE all know that.
    The point of this thread is: "Why can the MSP get an HQL out on time and take 6 months to ND an application for a Handgun?"

The law only sets two firm time periods,
    1) Mandatory waiting period after the app is sent to the MSP
    2) Mandatory period that the firearm must be transfered. (after that period the app is void and you must start again)

It is not stealing your firearm because the law never says the firearm MUST transfer. If the law required the FFL to transfer the firearm it would be up to him to force the customer to come to his shop and get it, he cannot do that.
    If the customer cannot get to the shop in a fixed time period the paperwork is void and the customer must start over with the Mandatory waiting period.

The law does not require MSP to process apps in any firm time period.
    The law does not require the firearm to transfer in any firm time period.

The NEW law (Oct, 1) requires the MSP to provide the HQL to any citizen of Marylandistan (that meets the requirements) in 30 days.
    If the MSP do not deliver the HQL in 30 days they are in violation of the law.
    So they drug their feet on the processing of applications because releasing the firearm was legal after the 7 day waiting period, this put it all on the FFL to be the bad guy that kept the citizen from the gun. The MSP said "We are NOT required to process an application in any fixed time period, we are not denying people their guns. We follow the law"

Now (as always) the MSP WILL FOLLOW the LAW and do whatever is humanly possible to deliver the HQL within the fixed time period dictated by law.

It's a very simple game! Can you follow me now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom