• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Is it under the parent companies name, CZ?

No.
    Correct. You will have trouble finding FFLs who are willing to do a roster submission, or such was my experience. It involves paperwork, mailing out the gun, sitting on it for a while, etc. Forget asking the manufacturer to do the deed, either - I think I've run into a whopping one of them who even entertained the idea.

That said, to simply add a caliber, I believe you only need to petition the board - no example gun needed.
    The interesting part to me is whether or not which manufacturer the handgun appears under is an issue. Both the Valor and ECO are current production (from my understanding), but appear under different manufacturers.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    If this is a hard-to-get model that you're willing to wait for (after paying for it), talk to your local gun shop where you will do the transfer. Some will help petition the Maryland board to include on the roster, a process that might take 3-6 months with your firearm sitting at the LGS during this time. Often they'll know if a handgun is coming up for review (due to prior requests by others) and when.
    Marlene, administrator {410-653-4247 } for the handgun roster board tells me it only takes 30-45 days to get any handgun considered. She also tells me 99% of the time the handgun is approved. :-)

I just went to submit the Double Tap Defense 45ACP 2 weeks ago and she told me some else had submitted in October and it was now approved.

Submit your Dan Wesson.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    How could you legally possess a gun you purchase that isn't yet on the roster other than a gun you previuosly owned in another state? If it goes through an FFL, it has to be on the roster.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I gave that person a call around 4 oclock and left a message; when I get clarity on whether or not it's a caliber addition or a new gun to submit I'll provide an update.

At this point I don't see it in-stock in the places I was checking last month, so this may not even happen. Bud's has it, but I doubt they'll want to deal with it since it's not on the handgun roster.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Here is the paperwork that the FFL submits. The firearm must be submitted to the board, so only an FFL can legally do that

That is not entirely correct.

I submitted a request using a printed copy of the manufacturers brochure, along with a printout of a brochure on a similar gun from the same manufacturer. The board approved it based on the brochures.

If the gun is similar to something they have previously approved, but a different caliber or a special version, brochures may be enough.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That is not correct.

I submitted a request using a printed copy of the manufacturers brochure, along with a printout of a brochure on a similar gun from the same manufacturer. The board approved it based on the brochures.

If the gun is similar to something they have previously approved, but a different caliber or a special version, brochures may be enough.

Yes that is my understanding too. Think how many guns are on the last. Does anyone really thing an example of each gets submitted... NO.

On a 1911 clone, unless there is something odd about it, submitting some basic info on it should be enough. The have seen tons of 1911s and none have ever been rejected that I know of. I doubt they need to see it. I have a friend on the board if you really need help.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Marlene gave me a call back. Adding the PM9 should be as simple as a caliber addition. Only problem is that there's no upcoming meeting scheduled.

I will see two of the members of the Roster Board tonight at the AGC trustee meeting. I will try and remember to ask when the next meeting is. They have one about every other month. So get it in before the next meeting and you should be good to go soon. I guess sometimes they wait longer between meetings if they don't have enough guns to approve...

jtskier11

Oct 19, 2013
    I believe Whittaker Guns in Kentucky has the PM9 in stock. I got my DW Valor from them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I will see two of the members of the Roster Board tonight at the AGC trustee meeting. I will try and remember to ask when the next meeting is. They have one about every other month. So get it in before the next meeting and you should be good to go soon. I guess sometimes they wait longer between meetings if they don't have enough guns to approve...
    This form is literally a bunch of crap, really just meant to discourage you from evening trying to do it. We'll see what they think of this caliber addition. It's the form provided in this thread, albeit in a fillable PDF.
    I believe Whittaker Guns in Kentucky has the PM9 in stock. I got my DW Valor from them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

We'll see where it is in a few months. I'm not committed to spending the money until I know it's 100% and by that point they may not be easily found. I appreciate the tip.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Talked to them last night. Seems they were just suppose to have a meeting but not enough to talk about it make it worth while so it was cancelled. So get those requests in and they should have another soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom