• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    These sights are all designed to be shot with both eyes open. For me, it's much easier to do this with an Eotech.

Every time I look down a tube, I just close one eye. I can't help it, it's from years of looking through scopes.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Battery life in both an Aimpojnt and EOtech are good. If you are going to put your life in something that is supposed to have X for battery remember it is an electronic put together by a fallible person. You should always at a minimum check all your battery powered gera once a month regardless if an item has a battery life of a millenia. You check batteries on flash lights why would you not check the battery on a defense tool. I check all my RDS even the cheap ones, I check my tac lights, lasers, flash lights.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Get the one without the E, if you want full co-witness if you do want QD GGG&G makes nice QD that goes on the XPS, I would actually recommend it, the thumb screw will work loose even on AR.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    All these sights are designed to be used with both eyes open.

I have tried Eotech and a Aimpoint.

For me, I close my eye when I look down a tube. The Eotech is much more natural

With the $60 rebate I got a 512 for $310 from sportoptocs.com.

I am looking for an Aimpoint. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I promise I am not a bad influence :innocent0

Dad's Christmas present from me last year .

Nice. What Loopie is that? American defense recon mount?
    To the OP, try an aimpoint and eotech and see what works best for you. I prefer an aimpoint for my vision. My comp m2 has the original battery from 10 years ago. The eotechs have a built in mount which is nice, but the reticle looks like a bunch of squirming dots to me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have 4 EXPS 3.0's and three G33 magnifiers behind them. The transverse battery fixed whatever issues were left with the 500 series sights. Mine hold zero even after being removed several times. I agrre the QD mount is nice but not necesaary unless you need to move sights frequently. If you are even remotely thinking about a magnifier, get the model with side mounted buttons.

The single battery models claim a 600 hour battery life. Good enough IMO when you consider the great Eotech reticle and FOV.

Optics are really a subjective choice. Best to try them out first before buying.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Nice. What Loopie is that? American defense recon mount?
    To the OP, try an aimpoint and eotech and see what works best for you. I prefer an aimpoint for my vision. My comp m2 has the original battery from 10 years ago. The eotechs have a built in mount which is nice, but the reticle looks like a bunch of squirming dots to me.

That is theLeupold 1.25-4x20 VX-R Patrol 30mm Fire dot with the American Defense Recon mount . Dad loves it .

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I prefer EOTech sights.

I prefer the X models on rifles with F-marked front sight posts so the sight blocks less vision.

I prefer the standard model on rifles with low-profile gas blocks.

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    The EXPS is GTG. It's rare to hear much bad about the EXPS series. Highly recommended, and arguably the best Eotech HWS out there right now.

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    :thumbsup: EXPS2-0, QD, 7mm riser, 1/3 CW, side buttons, adj. intensity, auto shut-off, readily available batteries - and easy to see thru if you need to use flip-up BUIS. Very happy with it - except the price!

Smitch521

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Salisbury
    I love the Aimpoint Pro. I definitely recommend it! As far as having to keep both eyes open, I don't find it to be a problem but I'm not entirely convinced it's necessary either.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Great input. Thanks.

Just ordered the EXPS2-0 from Sportsmans Guide. Joined the buyer's club for $29.99, got the Eotech for $424.00, shipped, before Eotech's mail-in $60.00 rebate; final cost $364.00 to the door (buyer's club membership to be amortized over next year's purchases -- OK, they hooked me). Should'a bought 2. lol. But I did get a Plano 42" tactical case at the same time for $63.00 shipped.

PS Aimpoint Pro remains on the wish list, and the Leupold VX-R Patrol, too. :)

(edit) PPSS: Sportsmans Guide is also a member of United Airlines' Mileage Plus Online Shopping Mall storefront. I signed in there first through the United airlines website, clicked on the Sportsmans Guide link, and will get 2 United Mileage Plus frequent flyer miles per $.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just ordered the EXPS2-0 from Sportsmans Guide. Joined the buyer's club for $29.99, got the Eotech for $424.00, shipped, before Eotech's mail-in $60.00 rebate; final cost $364.00

Excellent - best price I have ever seen on that item.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think it's a one-shot deal to get you to join. I think I even declined joining on the first screen, and it came back at me with a bigger discount and I bit on it. Should'a bought more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom