AR15 Ambi mag release for lefty: Norgon, Troy, other, or none?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As a lefty, I say if your going to do one - buy once cry once, Norgon.

I have them in all of my lowers, and love them.

If your a mag-well grip kind of guy, then save the money and trip the release with your support-hand thumb. ;)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    As a lefty, I say if your going to do one - buy once cry once, Norgon.

I have them in all of my lowers, and love them.

If your a mag-well grip kind of guy, then save the money and trip the release with your support-hand thumb. ;)

I'm an AR nooby, with precious few stripped lowers to build. Might as well do them "right." What the heck. Thanks.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Your right thumb will be in the general area and does the job perfectly. :)

When holding the rifle normally, pull your right hand back onto the front of the mag well and press the button with your thumb while your fingers hold the magazine.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Your right thumb will be in the general area and does the job perfectly. :)

When holding the rifle normally, pull your right hand back onto the front of the mag well and press the button with your thumb while your fingers hold the magazine.

Hmm... seems way too simple. And free. :lol:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Hmm... seems way too simple. And free. :lol:

I swear the AR-15 was at least partly designed by somebody left-handed with a devilish sense of humor.

At the range, I see right-handed guys struggling to release the mag while I just bring my hand back and have the mag ejected in a split second. With my right hand still on the mag well and the buttstock pressing against me, I can then quickly use my left hand to cycle the charging handle to clear the chamber. My time to make the rifle safe is under two seconds. Lefties have an unfair advantage. :D

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I swear the AR-15 was at least partly designed by somebody left-handed with a devilish sense of humor.

At the range, I see right-handed guys struggling to release the mag while I just bring my hand back and have the mag ejected in a split second. With my right hand still on the mag well and the buttstock pressing against me, I can then quickly use my left hand to cycle the charging handle to clear the chamber. My time to make the rifle safe is under two seconds. Lefties have an unfair advantage. :D

I too have never seen the need to add all these extra parts to a weapon, And being left handed we do have a advantage, We can use both of our hands to do whatever is necessary. Righty's are kinna retarded that way.

AR Ambi mag releases.
    Read about Norgon first, ready to place order, then Troy appeared. Then others, including some who say it's unnecessary. Watched a few Youtubes, and now confused where none existed before. They all look cool and necessary. I'm a lefty -- as opposed to a leftist. :lol:
    The Norgon will not work if you also have a BAD lever to release the bolt catch. The Troy will.

I have the Troy on two of my ARs. I won't be putting on another because as others mentioned, a lefty can drop a mag easier than a righty can. Put your money into an ambi charging handle.

As for the guns that have them on, I've pretty much forgotten that they are there.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The Norgon will not work if you also have a BAD lever to release the bolt catch. The Troy will.

I have the Troy on two of my ARs. I won't be putting on another because as others mentioned, a lefty can drop a mag easier than a righty can. Put your money into an ambi charging handle.

As for the guns that have them on, I've pretty much forgotten that they are there.

That is why everyone should have bought a seekins billet lower :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom