• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Sorry if this is a dupe.

Obama Quietly Uses Executive Orders For Two New Gun Control Laws

According to Obama’s newest unconstitutionally enacted law, healthcare professionals are now required to violate HIPPA privacy laws and submit medical data to the government. The illegally obtained data is then used as justification for gun confiscation by the federal government.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    They just violated HIPPA because of public curiosity with the dc shooter. Why would this be any different?

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    The article may generalize and overstate what is going on, but it is not false. The Obama administration has proposed regulations that would make it easier for states to supply information to the NICS system regarding the mental health of individuals seeking to purchase a firearm.

The Washington Post and other major outlets reported this a while ago

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...f26930-74a5-11e3-8def-a33011492df2_story.html

The story contains a link to the actual proposed regulation.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    The article may generalize and overstate what is going on, but it is not false. The Obama administration has proposed regulations that would make it easier for states to supply information to the NICS system regarding the mental health of individuals seeking to purchase a firearm.

The Washington Post and other major outlets reported this a while ago

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...f26930-74a5-11e3-8def-a33011492df2_story.html

The story contains a link to the actual proposed regulation.

And that's a whole different kettle of fish than an Executive Order. They go through the normal rule-making process, which includes an opportunity for public comment on the proposed rule. The article strongly implies that some dictatorial process is underway...and the author is downright lying when using the term "Executive Order".

I'm a die-hard Republican, but am completely fed up with being lied to and misled by the extreme right wing of my party.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Are you certain HIPPA applies to deceased individuals?

It took a judges order to get it released, I would have to find the article but his reason for releasing was because of over whelming public curiosity. Your right to privacy doesnt disappear because you died, it just becomes someone else responsibility to enforce it.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Found an article about it:

The AP obtained 114 pages of Alexis' medical records under the Freedom of Information Act after requesting them a few weeks after the shootings. It is unusual for the government to disclose anyone's medical files, but the Veterans Affairs Department agreed that the public interest in the mass killing outweighed Alexis' privacy rights in keeping his treatment records secret after his death. In the records the AP obtained, the government withheld the names of all the doctors and others who treated Alexis to protect their privacy.

http://news.yahoo.com/gunman-39-doctor-rampage-39-no-problem-39-085027152--politics.html

Notice that they did want to protect the doctors identities who treated him.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    And that's a whole different kettle of fish than an Executive Order. They go through the normal rule-making process, which includes an opportunity for public comment on the proposed rule. The article strongly implies that some dictatorial process is underway...and the author is downright lying when using the term "Executive Order".

I'm a die-hard Republican, but am completely fed up with being lied to and misled by the extreme right wing of my party.

^^THIS. How does a proposal to do something get reported as an EO? Anyone may propose anything, but putting it into place is another animal. Does the OP or the article writer understand the difference?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No way any Dr. will do this, and no way this will actually stand up in a court of law.

I haven't heard this. I won't give info to any government entity without a warrant or a release signed by my patient. Over the past year, I have deleted a lot of information from patient charts. We ask hobbies. If your hobby is hunting, shooting etc. and you are my patient it has been deleted. F them.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It took a judges order to get it released, I would have to find the article but his reason for releasing was because of over whelming public curiosity. Your right to privacy doesnt disappear because you died, it just becomes someone else responsibility to enforce it.

Citation?

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I haven't heard this. I won't give info to any government entity without a warrant or a release signed by my patient. Over the past year, I have deleted a lot of information from patient charts. We ask hobbies. If your hobby is hunting, shooting etc. and you are my patient it has been deleted. F them.

Now thats my kind of Doc. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom