Cheaper Than Dirt doesn't ship to Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Has anyone bought a firearm from CTD and had it shipped to Maryland? I called them up to see if they had the FFL of the dealer I wanted it to go to and was told that they don't (and never had) ship to Maryland.

Anyone else have this happen? (Actually, it's OK. I never really liked CTD mainly because they ain't.)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope they never ship anything to Maryland, or any other State, for that matter. After the attempted rape of shooters with $4000 AR's and $1.50/round 5.56 last year, nobody should ever patronize them.

/rant.

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    Cheaper Than Dirt

Try grabagun. I have bought several handguns from them. You will get the gun for less and won't have to put up with CTD's bull$hit!
    Or you could just buy local.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Try grabagun.com. I have bought several handguns from them. You will get the gun for less and won't have to put up with CTD's bull$hit!
    Or you could just buy local.

I've bought from grabagun and will go back to them. I don't mind buying local as log as I don't have to grab my ankles to do so. So far, the only shop near me is rediculous on their markup. I do mind paying over $100 more for a $300 gun for the "convenience" of shopping local.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I would buy from CTD in a second if the price was good. Of course AR prices were that high, everybody and their brother wanted an AR for a several month period, and you couldn't find them. Even IPs were selling ARs in no time flat at 2x the normal price. You can't hate them for having a product in stock at a price someone was willing to pay.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have no problems with free market or another man making money where there is money to be made...but what they were charging for a 20 maybe 35 dollar brick of .22 was insane.

Then add in their "cheap" PMAGs they advertised and I can't do business with them.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    There are dozens of other places to get what you want. Don’t give CTD your business, after what they did to the shooting community last year, they don’t deserve it.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I have no problems with free market or another man making money where there is money to be made...but what they were charging for a 20 maybe 35 dollar brick of .22 was insane.

Then add in their "cheap" PMAGs they advertised and I can't do business with them.

With the free market they can only sell what someone will pay. If I want to shoot, I'll pay. If I can find it cheaper then I buy it there.

That being said F**k CTD.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I hope they never ship anything to Maryland, or any other State, for that matter. After the attempted rape of shooters with $4000 AR's and $1.50/round 5.56 last year, nobody should ever patronize them.

/rant.

Don't forget the $99.99 for 30 round P-Mags.

My brothers were texting me with some ammo sales they were having and I told them to stay away from them. Midway and Cabelas were good to us during the rush, so you have to be good to them too now.

How was Brownells during the panic? Any other large retailers that were not gouging during the panic buying?

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Haven't bought from them since they gouged us, when times got tough.

Sent from my android device using carrier pigeons.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    After CTD's raping of the consumer most of last year, I would never buy anything from them.

After all the MULTIPLE THREADS about the raping of consumers and how NOT cheaper than dirt that CTD is and the previous problems with them, I'm still surprised that anyone on this forum is still doing business with them!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I did business with them a few months ago, got a nice Suomi parts kit for the cheapest price around. I'm very pleased with it. Hate on them all you want, that leaves more for me. :D

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Before the panic, CTD had great prices on pmags ($10 or less I believe). It was only when panic of federal level legislation was looming that the price jumped to $100/mag. That price is in line with what they were bringing on GunBroker. This is a response to the sudden demand from everyone who suddenly wanted to stock up on pmags, knowing it may be their last chance to get them. Who can blame them for selling the mags to those who were willing to pay the most?

Futhermore, if AR-15s would have been banned nationally, $4,000 for a Colt 6920 would have been a bargain.

CTD hate is based on pure emotion, not rational thought.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie

/rant.

i'm with you. won't ever spend a dime with them ever again. I remember what they did during the ammo crunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom