Cheaper Than Dirt doesn't ship to Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I would buy from CTD in a second if the price was good. Of course AR prices were that high, everybody and their brother wanted an AR for a several month period, and you couldn't find them. Even IPs were selling ARs in no time flat at 2x the normal price. You can't hate them for having a product in stock at a price someone was willing to pay.

yes you can

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    They won't sell any to me, regardless of where I live. They have nothing that I need.

This

The $60 PMags are what did it for me. Shame on any business who tries to hose people like that. I'm all for free enterprise and making money but there comes a point where it's just robbery

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Don't forget the $99.99 for 30 round P-Mags.

My brothers were texting me with some ammo sales they were having and I told them to stay away from them. Midway and Cabelas were good to us during the rush, so you have to be good to them too now.

How was Brownells during the panic? Any other large retailers that were not gouging during the panic buying?

Bass Pro did a good job. They, like everyone else, were constantly short on inventory, but the didn't gouge when they had it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Before the panic, CTD had great prices on pmags ($10 or less I believe). It was only when panic of federal level legislation was looming that the price jumped to $100/mag. That price is in line with what they were bringing on GunBroker. This is a response to the sudden demand from everyone who suddenly wanted to stock up on pmags, knowing it may be their last chance to get them. Who can blame them for selling the mags to those who were willing to pay the most?

Futhermore, if AR-15s would have been banned nationally, $4,000 for a Colt 6920 would have been a bargain.

CTD hate is based on pure emotion, not rational thought.

It was gouging. I bought a 6920 from Gun Connection for a little under retail. I bought lowers from Engage and Scott's for reasonable prices. I bought a rifle from Duffy's for a very fair price. These businesses were trying hard to get their customers what they could at a FAIR price. I appreciate that, and they will continue to be places I spend money. CTD was gouging. Taking advantage of people's fears. That is predatory, IMO. I will take my money elsewhere.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    It was gouging. I bought a 6920 from Gun Connection for a little under retail. I bought lowers from Engage and Scott's for reasonable prices. I bought a rifle from Duffy's for a very fair price. These businesses were trying hard to get their customers what they could at a FAIR price. I appreciate that, and they will continue to be places I spend money. CTD was gouging. Taking advantage of people's fears. That is predatory, IMO. I will take my money elsewhere.

Exactly!! I don't know how anyone could support CTD after the gouging they were doing when times were tough for everyone. F*%K them!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Doctors take advantage of people's fears of death and charge prices that make CTD look like WalMart. Those predatory gouging doctors!

Lol. Our prices are set by the government. The prices are so high because the money to pay out for all the frivolous lawsuits is passed on to the consumer.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    For the record, the only time I bought from CTD was some ammo in 2009. Since then they were no where cheaper-than-dirt, so I took my business elsewhere. This time, they had a pistol in stock and cheaper than elsewhere, and I inquired about whether they had the FFL I wanted to use on file. That's when I was told that they don't ship firearms (any firearm) to Maryland. When asked why, the poor girl had no idea.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The people that own CTD are pretty lazy. They don't work nearly as hard as you. The merchandise they sell falls from the sky and they just flip it. :shrug:

Again, there is a world of difference between making a profit in a retail business and gouging. If you aren't able to see the difference I'm sorry. Our IP's here did their best to get as much as they could out to their customers at a reasonable price. Business is much more than making a profit on the widgit you sell. More importantly, it is about building a relationship with a customer who will keep coming back and be a steady source of income. It is about providing a product or service at a fair price with an easy transaction. It is not about screwing people because you can.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Has anyone bought a firearm from CTD and had it shipped to Maryland? I called them up to see if they had the FFL of the dealer I wanted it to go to and was told that they don't (and never had) ship to Maryland.

Anyone else have this happen? (Actually, it's OK. I never really liked CTD mainly because they ain't.)
    CTD ran some radio ads on 680 am before SB281 passed. Never called CTD to see what was up.

The don't want to deal with Maryland's crappy gun laws and I don't blame them, it's their business. Of course I don't want to deal with CTD.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    CTD ran some radio ads on 680 am before SB281 passed. Never called CTD to see what was up.

The don't want to deal with Maryland's crappy gun laws and I don't blame them, it's their business. Of course I don't want to deal with CTD.

They had very high prices, and they knew that SB281 was very likely to pass in one form or another. I bet they targeted Colorado, too. If your business model is to take advantage of panic buying, it makes sense to hit States where the panic level is highest.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Again, there is a world of difference between making a profit in a retail business and gouging. If you aren't able to see the difference I'm sorry. Our IP's here did their best to get as much as they could out to their customers at a reasonable price. Business is much more than making a profit on the widgit you sell. More importantly, it is about building a relationship with a customer who will keep coming back and be a steady source of income. It is about providing a product or service at a fair price with an easy transaction. It is not about screwing people because you can.

Lets say a massive hurricane hits, and power goes out and will be out for weeks. You are selling batteries and water, and suddenly everyone and their brother wants them. A man walks into your store and wants to buy all the batteries and water you have. Do you sell them to him, or do you double or triple the price so that everyone gets some much needed batteries and water?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lets say a hurricane hits, and power goes out. You are selling batteries, and suddenly everyone and their brother wants them. A man walks into your store and wants to buy all the batteries you have. Do you sell them to him, or do you double or triple the price so that everyone gets some much needed batteries?

I would not increase my prices above and beyond what I was selling them for. You go ahead and defend gouging, though. :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So one guy buys all of them, and then hoards them. Well done:thumbsup:

Wouldn't sell them all to one person either, forgot to mention that. ;)

Gouging vs. good retail practices. Learn the difference. Until then, we are done.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wouldn't sell them all to one person either, forgot to mention that. ;)

Gouging vs. good retail practices. Learn the difference. Until then, we are done.

"Gouging" is an emotionally loaded term used by people who don't understand economics. I enjoyed your lecture on fair prices. Enjoy your BMW and Porsche.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "Gouging" is an emotionally loaded term used by people who don't understand economics. I enjoyed your lecture on fair prices. Enjoy your BMW and Porsche.

Jealousy is a bitter pill to swallow. :sad20:

I'm sorry that you feel the need to insult me because we have a difference of opinion. The bottom line is, I haven't done anything that anyone here couldn't do if they wanted to. I did not come from a privileged background. I am a 3rd generation American who did EXACTLY what my grandparents came to this Country for. These opportunities are open to everyone. What I have is because of my own hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom