• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    gonna put my money on SD (Silver Doctors) attempting to fan the flames of paranoia from the present day crisis as a way to make a quick a buck.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This came up before. The article in your post just offers more rumor and speculation 'from distributors' with no actual facts, especially considering the articles' source.The point is that sanctions make ammo restrictions a possibility, but the rumors will certainly create a rush to buy and a spike in prices to the benefit of those distributors..

The big question, 'to buy now or not?'

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Just ordered me some of these!

s7_217254_999_03

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    7.62x39 and milsurp Mosin food were the ammo you could most likely find during the panic. That's prolly because Russia is bringing tons of it to market. If Russia takes their ball and goes home, the price will skyrocket. Not saying that's going to happen, but it not an absurd possibility.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Actually, it makes no economic sense for Russia to halt shipments. However, I could see BOB doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Actually, it makes no economic sense for Russia to halt shipments. However, I could see BOB doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS - the Russian manufacturers would lose too much money from such a lucrative market. The more likely scenario is the US restricts/halts imports of Russian goods (ammo) as a response to the Crimea escalations.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    First, we get a ton of ammo from sources other than Russia. Losing Tula and Barnaul would hurt, but there's no reason to think that other sources wouldn't pick up the slack somewhat.

Second, precious metal pimping websites are infamous scare-mongers. I'm looking at SGammo right now, and they've got cases and cases of 7.62x39 left. That is simply not consistent with a consumer-level run on it.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    regardless I just shipped a 1080 rnd case. I have been meaning to do it for awhile and no better time than now.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    regardless I just shipped a 1080 rnd case. I have been meaning to do it for awhile and no better time than now.

I ordered 1000 rounds from LAX this afternoon. I've been meaning to get it for a while and I noticed the price is about $15 higher than it was when I looked on Monday. Not much $ when spread out over 1000 rounds, but the price is not getting cheaper.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    I ordered 1000 rounds from LAX this afternoon. I've been meaning to get it for a while and I noticed the price is about $15 higher than it was when I looked on Monday. Not much $ when spread out over 1000 rounds, but the price is not getting cheaper.

I got mine from J&G, 240$ for a 1080 rnd case of Red Army Standard. Granted its romanian and not russian. I just wanted to get a case before any pice spikes happened, didnt really care if it was russian or not.

http://www.jgsales.com/7.62x39-red-army-standard-123gr-fmj-ammo,-1080rd-case.-p-63681.html

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads