• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn, VA originally tried this model, but it didn't work out.

Memberships were originally like $4000 plus an annual fee of something like $300. You got your own locker, locker room use, gun valets, on site gun storage, free gun cleaning, etc.

You can see why SEG shifted back to a traditional no-frills membership setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    If it increases gun ownership, 2A support and awareness, and brings in more of the ambivalent-to-anti crowd for a look (maybe they'll get converted?), then I'm all for this kind of thing.

I'd never spend the money on it (or have that kind of extra $$), but more power to 'em what's got the cash. Spend it on this, please!

Me, I'll take a nice cold beer after a day at the range, but to each his own, eh?

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    I get a kick out of out shooting people with my 110 .243 and 1970 wingmaster combined total of 5-600 bucks. I love to go shooting and bet they can't shoot a quarter at 100 yards, even nick it after 4 tries. Had to stop because the guy destroyed 3 fence posts with a 204 rcm. The best is turkey shoots where the guy is shooting a Beretta that cost 40 times more than my old Ithaca goose gun and still can't win one.

I like to refer them to Jack O'connor's Rifle and Shotgun shooting basics. Yeah, some times I can be a shit.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Does anyone know what going to Silver Eagle Group runs? can you take your own ammo etc...

Last time I went (last summer), walk ins were charged $25 for one hour of range time. You can use your own ammo, and even your own photorealistic targets, too.

I wish SEG was closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viper21773

Jan 17, 2009
    Hagerstown
    Sounds like more "shooting ranges" where there's not much shooting going on. The two ranges closest to me are great if you want to attend a shrimp or bull feed and bingo.
    Alot like when the Harley shops turned into "boutiques" :puke:

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    Silver Eagle Group tried that here. I would have considered it if they had been closer to MD with a smaller initiation fee. A lot of indoor gun ranges have a crappy atmosphere when you're bringing first timers or folks who aren't really shooters. They have a very "in culture" sort of feel.

I'm not sure how you would advertise to get to the clientele that wouldn't like a regular gun range atmosphere.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    If it increases gun ownership, 2A support and awareness, and brings in more of the ambivalent-to-anti crowd for a look (maybe they'll get converted?), then I'm all for this kind of thing.

I'd never spend the money on it (or have that kind of extra $$), but more power to 'em what's got the cash. Spend it on this, please!

Me, I'll take a nice cold beer after a day at the range, but to each his own, eh?

Yep! Wouldn't be for me, but that's just me. If a man has the cash and wants to spend it, more power to him. He's ok with my guns and I'm ok with his club. No harm done to either of us. Win win.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Cool, thanks for posting OP.

I like the idea of a club with some amenities. Definitely a niche for a nicer than usual range. But I'll pass on the valet parking or a smoking room. Definitely have excellent ventilation, a place to clean guns other than on the line, a meeting room and/or classroom, maybe a changing room, gun lockers for long term storage, something to eat maybe; all welcome.

There are always accidents with everything, looks like this range has already had an incident. Hopefully their policies are reasonable and still afford an enjoyable and safe experience.

Jump ahead to about 7:30 to see the facilities:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    People with money write the rules.
    In TX people wit money like guns.
    The rules for guns in TX are good.
    If a country club range helps to keep it that way I am all for it.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    I for one could never see myself spending the money to shoot at a place like this but to those who can afford it I say more power to them. With the ranges I have attended having a competent person shooting next to you in its self is a luxury. It will be a fad and the range will either lower their rates becoming less exclusive or it will go out of business . The reason golf is such a good sport is that it allows for business to be done while they are out on the course. Try doing that on a hot range with 20 other shooters shooting away at targets.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I'm all for anything that promotes the shooting sports, safe gun handling, and responsible gun ownership - whether I could personally afford to belong there or not.

But, I'll admit, if I was wealthy I'd belong to a club like in the OP's post in a heart beat. I know for a fact that there are a ton of private clay shooting clubs around the country that are all first rate shooting facilities, quite luxurious, and have been around for many years - like the Dallas Gun Club and Forest City Gun Club in Savannah. I'd love to be able to shoot at those places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom