• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    If you remember, the Bass Pro Shop in Arundel Mills required you to have an HQL just to touch a handgun. Not sure that is still the case or not.

This time, however, I bought some pistol powder for reloading and they had a hand written log where they recorded my name and address. I asked why and the guy said the ATF requires it. My bullish!t meter was going crazy.

Since I wanted the powder, I didn't make a fuss, but I told him that no one else requires it. Also, he didn't ask to see any ID to verify, so I could have given up one of you guys! :p

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Its easier to lie to someone who doesn't know any better than it is to tell the truth. At least that's what many businesses think apparently.

xdmdude

Oct 1, 2011
    I used to work at the Prince George's County Trap and Skeet range and we had to see ID and log each purchase . This is not done bs company policy, they are required to keep a log, as stupid as it is.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    OK, if it's a company policy, I get that. But is there an ATF regulation requiring it? I hate liars!

NO! Gun shops in PA don't require it when buying powder.

I broke out laughing the other day when they said people need an HQL just to touch a gun.

Their lawyers consider it "transferring" a firearm.

Not BassPro employee bashing mind you.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    NO! Gun shops in PA don't require it when buying powder.

I broke out laughing the other day when they said people need an HQL just to touch a gun.

Their lawyers consider it "transferring" a firearm.

Not BassPro employee bashing mind you.

Does that mean that every bass pro employee who comes in contact with a gun has to have an HQL also? Even the one working on the docks who unload the shipments......

blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    My co-worker was at Bass Pro today and they wouldn't let his wife or him touch a pistol. She has never owned a pistol before Oct 1 but he has. They were telling him some run around stuff about the HQL for him ( don't want to say because I wasn't there) that didn't seem right at all. I just told him to go somewhere else and ask that FFL about the HQL requirements for him and her. Forget Bass Pro. They are losing alot of customers.

blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    As far as the powder goes...I have had Gander Mountain and Dick's ( I think) record my name and info for buying pyrodex before. I remember something about a 4lb max purchase limit but could be wrong.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Does that mean that every bass pro employee who comes in contact with a gun has to have an HQL also? Even the one working on the docks who unload the shipments......

That is an outstanding question.

I think it only impacts the buyers of the handguns.

But I would agree that a transfer is a transfer is a transfer etc.....

Still not bashing BassPro mind you.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    OK, if it's a company policy, I get that. But is there an ATF regulation requiring it? I hate liars!

No. They dont do it out here. It would be national. Hell they barely take your name to buy anything here. Except a car and registration....cause they also rape you out here.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom