• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Willing to buy online if it's out there, but haven't been able to find any. There's plenty of rifle stuff, but virtually no pistol powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaholic

Feb 6, 2013
    Middle River
    As the lack of responses imply...it's tough to find any right now. Best bet it to find every single website that sells powder and if they have a notification function to alert you when they get stock, sign up for an account and add notifications for every powder that will work in the load your looking for. Just know that once it is in stock you probably only have an hour or 2 before it'll be sold out as everyone else will be getting notifications too. For those that don't offer notifications check them every chance you get throughout the day.

Diligence pays off...I'm new to reloading for pistol and it's taken me 3 weeks but I finally scored 3 lbs. of IMR SR-4756 (the last 3 they had) on Saturday early morning from a site that I check 3-4 times a day. I also have been making regular stops to the local places that carry powder 2-3 times a week and after you factor in tolls and gas that I've burned the shipping and HAZMAT fee to order online was probably cheaper than me driving around all those days.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I concur about the fees vs driving around. However, it is really hard to swallow paying about $50 hazmat and shipping for $100 worth of goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Check ammoseek.com

Its like a bot but it has a reloading tab and you can search for just about anything and will tell you whats in stock and how much it costs.

Ordering powder online is a bit more expensive as you are on the hook for shipping + hazmat, but any port in a storm....

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Bob at www.marylandreloadr.com typically has powder. You have to call first, then drive down.

Trop and Shydas in PA are my most reliable sources.

Last I purchased from Bob, he insisted on recording my personal information on the receipt as he believes he needed to keep a log.

That's the only time I've had that happen. Mostly purchase powder at Chantilly, but I've purchased powder in MD at other locations and only had to hand over cash.

Not sure if he is still keeping a log and whether that matters to you. Either way, bob is a great guy and I'm happy that I purchased my Dillon from him. He spent most of a Sunday helping me get familiar with the machine, building my first rounds and I even got to fire them to verify everything worked in my pistol.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Last I purchased from Bob, he insisted on recording my personal information on the receipt as he believes he needed to keep a log.

That's the only time I've had that happen. Mostly purchase powder at Chantilly, but I've purchased powder in MD at other locations and only had to hand over cash.

Not sure if he is still keeping a log and whether that matters to you. Either way, bob is a great guy and I'm happy that I purchased my Dillon from him. He spent most of a Sunday helping me get familiar with the machine, building my first rounds and I even got to fire them to verify everything worked in my pistol.

Welcome to the peoples republic of Maryland. Bob is right. That is required by MD law for primers and powder. If you don't care for that, there is always Trop in PA.

Other shops in MD were selling 8 lb containers of powder at one time. They got a visit from the MSP. Now they don't. I guess the no powder log guys are looking for their own special time with MSP. I don't like the laws either, but until we change the politicians and the laws .... :shrug:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Welcome to the peoples republic of Maryland. Bob is right. That is required by MD law for primers and powder. If you don't care for that, there is always Trop in PA.

Sure about the Primers? I've not had to do it for primers yet

Aquaholic

Feb 6, 2013
    Middle River
    Not in PA. Road trip!!

I've heard conflicting reports about availability in PA. Guy my dad works with apparently went up sometime last week and walked out with couple #'s each of different powders and 10K+ of primers. Still waiting to hear where he went as I work with a few people from PA (one being a big time shooter and reloader) and they aren't making it sound as promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom