• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Anyone have experience with the Hornady Cam-Lock Bullet Puller on pistol ammo? I heard the it doesn't work well with pistol ammo because there's too little of the bullet to grab.

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    I use it and I have the bullet whacker thingy (kinetic) and I much prefer the cam lock puller. I've not had issue with not getting a good grip, but the unit takes a bit of practice. It's not like a die where you run it full up into the puller. Rather the bullet engages the opening, lever down activating the tightening cam, and drop your case.

It took me a bit to figure out not to place this on the 5th position... I have rotated many cases through the auto eject and spilled powder everywhere...

Live and learn!! Works good for me for 9, 45, 223, 300BLK, and 308...

Go figure...

Doc

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I use it and I have the bullet whacker thingy (kinetic) and I much prefer the cam lock puller. I've not had issue with not getting a good grip, but the unit takes a bit of practice. It's not like a die where you run it full up into the puller. Rather the bullet engages the opening, lever down activating the tightening cam, and drop your case.

It took me a bit to figure out not to place this on the 5th position... I have rotated many cases through the auto eject and spilled powder everywhere

Live and learn!! Works good for me for 9, 45, 223, 300BLK, and 308...

Go figure...

Doc

Now that's funny, Hint..... Hint.......Hint.... That's one of the reasons why you have a Rockchucker mounted next to your Dillon.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    provided it is setup correctly, it works well on just about everything. It grabs a very small area of the bullet just above the case, so bullet shape doesn't really matter, outside of a truncated cone seated deep.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I've only used mine on .223 but it works great. It doesn't damage the bullet one bit.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I find it works best for rifle ammo (pulling down surplus). Sometimes the pistol bullet would slip out of the pulling jaws.
    I mostly use the Quinetics (the best) kinetic puller, unless I want to weigh the powder charges.
    DocAitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom