• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Must have been "dropped" from a fast-moving vehicle with a lot of force, to "scratch off" the serial number. I'm confident that the lawful owner's fingerprints on the gun will match those in the HQL print database, so they can return it to him or her.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cle_4baa037b-901a-5cc2-8d06-325e0f183c4b.html

May 11, 2014. ANNAPOLIS - City police said a passer-by found a loaded handgun on an Annapolis street Saturday morning.

An employee from a car center found a handgun in the street near the intersection of Gibralter Avenue and West Street around 7:30 a.m., police said.

The weapon was fully loaded with six rounds. The serial number had been scratched off.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Note to self: forget getting up early to hit yard sales ... start jogging on West St at 7am to find the good stuff

On the other hand ... good thing someone picked it up early ... Carlester would have probably just stuffed it in a bag and thrown it away with the rest of the trash in the street

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm surprised they did not arrest the good samaritan that turned it in.

Isn't that an illegal transfer since the change in possession didn't go through the police barracks? Our good Samaritan just committed a felony. :sad20:

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I hope he was wearing gloves when he picked it up. It probably fell out of a crack somewhere.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Good thing the gun had less that 10 rounds in it. I hear they go off by themselves and murder children when you put 11 rounds or more in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom