• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Looks like a mangey P30. Bet it still shoots more accurately than a glock.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I do LOVE the slide tho. Give me all those wide, deep, fat serrations and what looks to be a grasp lip vertically at the rear of the slide. Yummy yummy.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I do LOVE the slide tho. Give me all those wide, deep, fat serrations and what looks to be a grasp lip vertically at the rear of the slide. Yummy yummy.

Your eyes do not deceive you, it is a grasping point.

View attachment 121524

It's a bit more than I'd prefer to spend for a striker-fire, but if I lived in America, I'd be tempted - doubly so if it was in a larger caliber, like .45ACP.

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Not sure what this would do that a PPQ wouldn't, but it does still tempt me. HK puts out quality guns, so I'm sure this will be one accurate and reliable SOB. I do wonder what the trigger feels like though. I am currently on the strike-one pistol flavorade, so ehh....

I do really like the rear design of the slide though. The rear of the grip isn't really undercut that much and it looks like the bore-axis on the vp9 is probably higher than a glock/m&p...similar to the walther. I also prefer the mag release of the p99(the long one that extends to most of the bottom of the trigger guard), because it's just so nice to be able to drop your trigger finger down to pop the mag instead of the button on the side. The mag release on this looks like other hk's where you're not able to really just fluidly drop your trigger finger down to pop it.

It is cool hk FINALLLY came to the realization that striker-fired is the way to go.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Not sure what this would do that a PPQ wouldn't, but it does still tempt me. HK puts out quality guns, so I'm sure this will be one accurate and reliable SOB. I do wonder what the trigger feels like though. I am currently on the strike-one pistol flavorade, so ehh....

I do really like the rear design of the slide though. The rear of the grip isn't really undercut that much and it looks like the bore-axis on the vp9 is probably higher than a glock/m&p...similar to the walther. I also prefer the mag release of the p99(the long one that extends to most of the bottom of the trigger guard), because it's just so nice to be able to drop your trigger finger down to pop the mag instead of the button on the side. The mag release on this looks like other hk's where you're not able to really just fluidly drop your trigger finger down to pop it.

It is cool hk FINALLLY came to the realization that striker-fired is the way to go.

It probably won't do anything the PPQ doesn't already, but when you factor in it's an HK, for those of us who have and drinks there Kool Aid, it's trigger breaks at 5.4 lbs vs the PPQ 5.6 lbs...Also there are pre order lists on HK forums for $600 shipped so price point is competitive, it's a dream come true for some. I have a P30 and love everything about the gun exept the spoungy trigger and long reset compared to other handguns I own, so there for it may not see much light again after this drops and i'm able to obtain one. Imagine a cheaper HK with the same quality and ergonomics as the previous drops, with a good trigger out the box, I'm sure if it has no bugs it will be a hit with the HK crowd and a few others as well at that price point.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Didn't the article say the HK was making striker fired pistols 12 years before Glock? Not so sure they think they have been missing out on something all these years.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Hk does it, but does it better. I'll have to give this serious consideration. But I do love my P 30.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Didn't the article say the HK was making striker fired pistols 12 years before Glock? Not so sure they think they have been missing out on something all these years.

yeah, in the p7(excellent pistol), but they didn't jump on the bandwagon with their service pistols(usp, usp compact, p2000, p30, hk45...) until this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom