• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    To all my fellow veterans: I witnessed a brutal assault on a 20 year Army veteran that attempted to stop an armed robbery right outside of my apartment. I rushed outside to the group of 10-15 subjects which subsequently fled the area after I identified myself and order them to stop. All subjects fled to an adjacent nearby apartment and where they were quickly apprehended by Frederick City Police.

The male victim and the victims he was trying to protect were injured in the brawl, but the veteran sustained severe trauma to his head and was flown to shock trauma with life threatening injuries. I will post more information as it is made available. Please keep this soldier in your prayers. He has a long fight ahead of him and needs our support.

Also, lots of respect to the Frederick City officers for their expeditious response and very quick apprehension of all parties involved.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Wow I'm sorry to hear this!!! I live in the area, can you give a rough idea as to where this occured?

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Thanks to you and the Army vet. for stopping the attack. I will keep him in my prayers. I will look forward to updates. Hopefully he will come out of this with no mental or physical problems.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Oh and FPD had a ridiculously fast response time, I mean they arrived less than 2 minutes from the time I got downstairs after they ran off.

The EMTs, however, I am a but disappointed in how long they took

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Glad you were there, as at least the vet has a chance to pull through and the perpetrators were caught. Also glad that you were uninjured. Nothing in the FNP at this point (their breaking news is regarding Robin Williams :sad20: ).

I hope you update this thread if you learn of the vet's condition, and if there is anything this community can do to help.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Key parkway area. Still nothing in lame stream media though.

That doesn't surprised me, since the Key Parkway area has been going downhill for the past 15 years. There was a reason why people stopped going in to Fredericktowne Mall...

Oh and FPD had a ridiculously fast response time, I mean they arrived less than 2 minutes from the time I got downstairs after they ran off.

The EMTs, however, I am a but disappointed in how long they took

FPD patrols Key Parkway like no tomorrow. You may not see the marked units, but they are always close by.

Back in 2002ish, I was at a friend's apartment, just west of Waverly on Key Parkway. I saw somebody go out into the parking lot and light off a cracker (think M-98 cracker). Within 30 seconds there were 2 marked FPD units and 15 seconds after that they threw some random black guy down on the ground. They maced him and were demanding to know where the gang activity was. About 60 seconds after they had the guy down on the ground, another 4 marked FPD cars showed up and started scouring the area. I went out and told the officers that I saw somebody light of a firecracker but didn't know where they went. They picked the poor guy up and released him, after apologizing.

If the above is any indication from 2002, how bad do you think it has gotten in 12 years? The area around Westridge has gotten rather worse for the wear...

What company were the EMT's dispatched from? If it was Independent, then it is no surprise they were slacking.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    clintm1.jpg

Nice work Doug:party29:. Keep a watch on your six. They may be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom